5

Peter and Kaluna sat in the living room watching B99. Peter had his arm wrapped around her, while she snuggled into his chest. These little hangouts had been happening for while. THey've been here for 4 months, they occurred even more after Hemidall was brought back. Most of the Avengers were on guard duty, so when Peter was off, it was "date night". Once, Peter took her to the roof to watch the stars. He laid a blanket down and lit some candles, Bahamas playing softly in the background. They laid on the blanket in silence for awhile before Abvus caught them. She yelled at Peter for taking her up there, tears pricking her eyes and she punched his chest. Kaluna grabbed her wrists and pulled her into a hug. She kept saying Your fault over and over again.

So here they were, cuddled up, watching Jake Peralta do dumb shit. Kaluna pulled at her collar awkwardly, whining as it rubbed on her neck.

"Here, let me help" He set up and reached around loosening it. When he pulled back their noses were close to touching. Peter's eyes darted from her eyes to her lips, she went wide eyed. As he leaned in she pulled away sucking in a breath and putting a hand on his chest.

"MJ!" Kaluna yelled, he sat up and looked at her confused. Then it clicked, Thor told her about Europe. He started mumbling a bunch of phrases together to form one story. Kaluna grabbed his face, he still was staring at the ground. Before she could say anything Abvus came in and threw a knife it pinning Peter's shoulder to the couch.

"Kal. Room. Now" she said pointing towards the hallway. Kaluna got up and walked out, looking back at Peter.

"Abvus I just wanted-"

"You're gonna be the reason she gets taken ok? If you're with her, protect her. Nothing else"

"Abvus-"

"Nothing Else!!!" She yanked to knife out and walked out, Peter sighed and got up walking down the hall. He yanked on Kaluna's door but remembered, so he went and got his web shooter and swung into her room through the window. She was sitting on her bed hugging a pillow, staring at the photos in front of her. Peter sat next to her, staring at his hands. He opened his mouth and closed it again. She looked over at him, laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Her heartbeat sounded throughout his ears, he could feel it, hear it at all times now. His own and hers always in unison, he sighed when she ran her fingers down his arm. She smiled softly, and laid back on her bed sighing. Peter brought both legs on her bed and turned to face her. Opening his mouth again to explain himself, another person cut him off. Rocket banged on the door and told Peter to leave, he sighed and kissed her forehead leaving.
——————————————————————————————————————
More and more stuff kept pulling Peter and Kaluna apart. Abvus kept getting madder at everyone for what they weren't doing. Vera was made to get Kaluna food, she left it alone for 10 minutes, Abvus claimed she could be poisoned because of her. Variety fell asleep during the day, Abvus about beat her. Peter got the worst of it, something about everything he did, upset her. Causing them both to be pulled apart, Abvus always sent an Asgardian to check on her. An adult to be more specific, she took up every night shift. Claiming no one was good enough to protect Kaluna.

"Abvus maybe you should rest" Wanda said watching Abvus' leg bounce.

"No"

"You've been up all day-"

"And I'll be up all night until Axis is caught"

".......Just take it easy"

"Ok, Wanda"
——————————————————————————————————————
*flashback*

Variety was frightened at what she saw in front of her. Everyone told her Tony had died, yet why was he STANDING right in front of her?

"Can't say I'm surprised you're the one that can see me" He said smiling, brushing dirt off his shoulder. "Hemidall, Strange, and the big cat. NO wonder you're eyes can see all"

"Why can't the others see? Can they-Can they hear me talking to you?"

"No, you have the gift. The gift I prayed one of you would get, and you are still conscious in their conversation. But you're talking with me"

"Mr. Stark?"

"Yeah?"

"I worried, about Vera.....she's blaming herself. For not using her powers, or learning how to"

"They'll come, she'll learn at the right moment. And, I will come back at the right moment"

"Wait what?" Before Tony answered she was torn out of the slumber. The girls pulling her up and out of the palace. They all ran down to where Hemidall was, watched as Thor and Loki returned. She turned back to look, no Tony.

"It wasn't fake" Her father said, she looked up and shook her head.

"He's gone"

"Maybe to them, but you will always see the ones you've lost. So if I ever-"

"Please father-"

"No, if I ever pass. I'll come to you, do not worry ok?"

"I can't say it won't be easy"

"Nothing will ever be easy" Those words rang out in her head everyday. Why was this so easy? Brining them back, protecting Kaluna. Being happy, nothing is ever easy.