7

I blinked.

Once.

Twice.

What is even happening?

Confused, I looked around me, seeing only broken, pink pillars and wild plants, covering most of the cracks that the stonelike structures gained through the natural weathering of time. My shoes were molded into the mushy ground, stray vines and roots clinging onto them and preventing any of my movements.

Where was I? Now?

I only remember the broken crying, and screaming, all coming from me. Then I remember Pink.. And how I doubted her while insanity tried to seep into my mind. My best friend.

I doubted my best friend.

Squirming uneasily at the atrocious thought, I looked up at the pink, weathered pedestal just a few feet in front of me; clasping my gloved hands together and tried not to cry again.

As I bit my lip, I think of what may have happened to cause me to be such in a confused state; I tried to jog my memory by thinking about what happened, just after Pink left to do her business, but I was still clueless. I think I may have just forgotten a huge chunk of my memories for whatever reason..

I know I have a promise to fulfill, and I should not move away from my spot to win this game, and therefore.. To not disappoint her. If.. She knew I moved, and tried to find her, I would have to see the disappointment in her eyes, and I know that I will never be able to forgive myself then.

The joy in her eyes and the mirth in her laughter are what keeps me going, and what makes me the most gleeful Gem there could ever be. I can only imagine how broken I would be, if I know that I'm going to be the one who cause her aura to drop down to such a depressive state.

Even if she has accidentally left me, (... Or maybe she is just too busy with her colony to visit me, whatever the reason) I don't want to make her feel any bad emotions. It'll be against what I'm made for.

She is the only person that I cannot disappoint. After all, she is my Diamond, and I am only here to serve her, and cause her happiness.

The sole purpose of my existence is to bring joy to a wonderful, pink elite, and I am content with that. I know I am. And I will continue to be, no matter what.

I cannot go against orders, or what I am made for.

I may be childish, but I am not naïve, and I know... What happens to the Gems who try and go against the Diamonds, or the ones which are made imperfectly.

If you serve no more purpose, it is time that you will be shattered.

Such dark thoughts coming from a Gem.. Who is supposed to be the epitome of joy and laughter. I should be reprimanding myself for thinking of such thoughts, but after a long period of loneliness, it cannot be helped.

Not only has my cheerfulness faded, but I think my mind and physical form has too. I cannot retreat to my Gem to refresh my form, since that would be moving, and I can't.. Disobey Pink.

The previous luster in my heart-shaped gem is reduced to a dull sparkle, barely even glinting. I looked at my arms and other body parts, noting how I looked dirty. I just look like I came out of.. A Coal's territory, or something. Heh.

...

Just how long will I have to wait?

____________

Approximately 450 or 470 years have passed, and I'm getting close to standing still here for 4,000 years.

I never knew I game could last this far..