1

Lily's pov

"Evy! Where are you Evy?!" James called out as he pretended to look for our three year old daughter.

They were playing hide and seek and Evelyn had hid behind a curtain. You could see her little feet and one of her black pigtails sticking out the side. Every time James looked in the direction of the curtain she started giggling.

"Oh where oh where could Evelyn be? Harry, have you seen your big sister?" James said as he slowly inched towards the curtain she was hiding behind, her giggles getting louder the closer he got. "Got you!"

James picked her up and spun her around as she burst out laughing.

"Mummy! Mummy help! Ahhh!" She squealed as she squirmed in his arms.

"James, that's enough." I said. "Do you want to help put Harry to bed Evelyn?"

Evelyn nodded and James put her down. She rushed over to where Harry was sat playing with his toys and tried to pick him up.

"Evelyn sweetie, I think I'll carry him." I said as I approached my two children.

"Okay mummy." Evelyn said.

"You'll have to get to bed soon too Evy." James said and Evelyn shook her head as if to challenge him. Evelyn never liked bedtime, she was extremely well behaved but it was a challenge to get her to go to sleep.

"Come on Evelyn, lets get Harry to bed." I said as I scooped up my son in one arm and held my daughter's hand in the other.

Time skip

We had finally won the battle with Evelyn to get her to go to bed and were cuddling on the couch.

"Mummy, Daddy, I don't wanna go to bed." Evelyn's voice said from the stairs.

"Evy darling, its bedtime." James said.

"But uncle Sirius said wizards don't have bedtimes." Evelyn protested.

James sighed, he was always scolding Sirius for being a bad influence on Evelyn. Evelyn adored Sirius because with him there were no rules, no bedtimes, no limit on sweets and no rules for her safety. These were the reasons we didn't like him babysitting.

"Your uncle Sirius isn't the best one to listen too Sweetie, lets go back up to bed." I said.

There was a sudden crash from the from hall and James went to check it out.

"Lily, take Harry and Evelyn and go! It's him! Go! Run! I'll hold him off-" James yelled.

I immediately grabbed Evelyn and rushed upstairs to Harry's room. I pushed her into the cupboard as I heard the sound of someone coming upstairs.

"We're playing hide and seek with Daddy, okay? Don't come out no matter what, okay?" I said to her and she nodded with a grin.

I quickly closed the cupboard door and then rushed to the room door to lock it. After I was sure it was locked I went over to Harry who was sitting up in his crib.

"Harry, mama loves you. Dada loves you. Harry be safe. Be strong." I whispered to him before the bedroom door was blown off its hinges.

"Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort shouted as he burst into the room with his wand pointed towards me. A bright green flash of light shot from his wand and-

Time skip

Hagrid's pov

I had easily found Harry after being sent to retrieve the Potter's children after their deaths. I looked around for a while for their daughter Evelyn as I soothed Harry to sleep. I eventually heard the sound of a child crying and found Evelyn hiding in a cupboard. I used my body to block Lily potter's dead body from the child's view as I spoke to her.

"Hello little one, I'm Hagrid." I introduced.

"What are you doing with my little brother?" She asked, her little voice quiet.

"Your mummy and Daddy sent me to pick up you and Harry." I said.

"No." She said as she shrunk further back into the cupboard.

"What do you mean no?" I asked her gently.

"Mummy told me not to leave." She said.

Already being late I had no choice but to gently pick her up. She was kicking, screaming and crying as I carried her and Harry downstairs.

"Mummy!! Daddy!! Help!! I'm scared!!" She cried.

I could feel my heart breaking, this world lost two amazing wizards and these two young children lost two amazing parents.

As I exited the Potter's cottage I was met with Sirius Black, James potter's best friend. He looked pale and it was obvious he had been crying, I would have comforted him if I hadn't had two children in my arms. Sirius pulled Evelyn into his arms and she immediately calmed down.

"Its okay Petal." Sirius soothed as he held the young girl in his arms.

"I'm glad you're here, I couldn't get her to calm down." I said.

"I came for Harry and Evelyn, I'm their godfather, its my job to take care of them now." Sirius said.

"I can't let you do that Sirius. Dumbledore's orders, I'm to drop them off at their Aunt and Uncles." I said.

"The muggles?" He asked and I nodded. "Take my bike, I won't be needing it."

"Thank you Sirius." I said.

"Now Behave for Hagrid, I'll talk to Dumbledore and be there to get you as soon as possible petal." Sirius told the little girl as he placed her in the side carriage of his motorbike and put a pink helmet in her.

I put harry in the carriage with Evelyn, hugged Sirius and then took off to meet Dumbledore.

(I know this is really bad, sorry ~Alli)