6

George's pov

It was the day after Evelyn had came into the common room crying. It was the fourth time this week She had came to us crying because of Cedric Diggory and we had had enough. We already had a dislike for him because of our Quidditch match last year and having Evelyn crying was the last Straw.

We had stopped Cedric outside of the Great hall after breakfast and took him aside into an empty corridor.

"What's up?" Cedric asked.

"What are you playing at?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" Cedric asked innocently.

"Pretending to be under a love potion." Fred snarled.

"Its harmless fun. I'll stop eventually." Cedric said.

"Harmless fun? Harmless fun!?" I yelled. "She's came to us in tears four times in the last five days because of your harmless fun!"

Cedric looked shocked for a second before grabbing something from his robes.

"Take this and give it to her. Tell her it's a cure for Amortentia, she'll give it to me and have me drink it. Then once I drink it, I'll go back to normal." Cedric said as he handed me a bottle of clear liquid. "If I had know she was crying or upset about what i was doing I would have stopped."

"Why do it in the first place?" Fred asked.

"I really like Evelyn, I wanted to see how she would react to me being in love with her. The potion never worked on me, Love potions don't work on someone who is already in love with that person." Cedric said before walking away.

Time skip

Evelyn's pov

After breakfast Fred and George had given me the answer to my prayers. They had stolen a potion from professor Snape that was apparently a cure to Amortentia. I had found Cedric at lunch .

"Hey beautiful, did you miss me?" Cedric asked.

"Drink this." I said as I held the potion out to him.

Veille and Cateline had said Cedric wouldn't just drink the potion and that I'd have to put it in his food but Lyn assured me that her brother was stupid enough to do it. Lyn was right, he didn't question it, he just did what I asked and drank it.

The second he had finished it he dropped the bottle and gave me a weird look.

"Hey Evelyn, do you know what I just drank?" Cedric asked sounding confused.

"Wow, you're a moron. You don't even know what you were drinking." Lyn said to her brother as she approached us with Veille and Cateline following behind her.

"What's going on?" Cateline asked.

"Our problem is fixed." I replied.

"That's great." Veille said. "Now we need to get going to our Defense against the dark arts class."

"I'll see you three later then. I'm assuming you're gonna come with me to transfiguration." Cedric said.

"Yeah, I'll see you guys later." Lyn said before heading off with her twin.

"So, what exactly did you do to cure Cedric." Cateline asked.

"Fred and George stole some kind of cure from Professor Snape. It doesn't really matter though, its all fixed." I replied.

"You know, any other girl would have loved that. Having the cute Hufflepuff seeker being in love with them." Veille said.

"Love potions don't create love, they create obsessions, you guys know that." I said. "Anyway, who's your new admirer?"

"Being half Veela is both a blessing and a curse. Marcus Belby, you know the guy I'm talking about, he's been treating me the way Cedric treated you while he was under the influence of Amortentia." Veille complained.

"Every guy in this school has a crush on you." Cateline said.

"If only your Veela powers worked on girls, then your already have Cho." I said.

"I wish, Cho would never look at me like that though. People are saying she likes Cedric." Veille said sadly.

"You don't need to worry about that one, Evelyn will end up with Cedric. It is so obvious." Cateline said. "She is the only person Cedric has invited to Quidditch practices, she's the only person he's invited to Hogsmeade and she's the only one he's invited into his room in the Hufflepuff dorms. It is obvious he likes her."

"Moving away from Cedric, what are your plans for Cho?" I asked.

"I don't know, I don't even know if she's into girls or not." Veille replied.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out." Cateline said.