Chapter Ten

Cyrus' POV

So honey...you know I like your new friend! he always has something interesting to say lol...I just am texting because this is the second night he's slept over and I haven't even met his mother! call me so we can talk about this

Theo scoffed at the text message from my mom. "I have no mother. I am the antichrist, born to kill Jesus Christ himself and enslave humanity."

"Ooh," I cooed. "Sexy talk like that to me more, please."

Theo's look was deadpan. I should've stuck to avoiding jokes around him.

"Look, Mom's right," I admitted. Theo's look was one of betrayal. "What? She's a little overprotective of me, but that's because it's only her taking care of me! Usually I try my best to be good and not cause trouble...this is probably worrying her."

Theo crossed his arms and glared. "Having a friend over?"

"And not answering her texts for an hour! And staying out of the house all the time. Usually I only leave to hang with the Mario Bros..." And all at once, I had a realization.

I was a complete loser.

And judging by Theo's expression, he totally knew it.

"You're a loser," Theo stated, confirming my worst fears. "You're the biggest loser I have ever met, and that's saying something considering my father rebelled against God and got dropkicked out of Heaven so fast that the impact created the Grand Canyon."

Was it just me, or was Theo's time on earth making him a sarcastic shit? Maybe he was that way in Hell and needed a two day adjustment period to get back to normal.

"Seriously?" I wondered. "The Grand Canyon?"

Theo rolled his eyes. "Idiot human. No. That was, as you frequently try to attempt, a joke."

A really bad one.

I didn't say that though, because it felt petty.

We arrived at Blue's house and Theo knocked on her door.

"I have another question," I said. "Why don't you know what drugs are, or a fridge, but you know the word dropkick?"

Theo wrinkled his nose. "I have no idea. Maybe because people are drop kicked in Hell." His eyes brightened a little and he looked at me shyly. "Us demons enjoy sparring. You should see my fighting abilities sometime." Theo said it the same way someone would say hey, want to get a movie sometime? He was even blushing a little. "I'm pretty good."

I shook my head, baffled. "Your customs are so weird."

Theo looked hurt.

"Sure, I'll watch you kick ass sometime!" I hurried to say. "No problem! I'd love to!"

The door swung open and Blue looked judgmental. "Dude. You guys talk about the weirdest things. OKAY. Before you enter my house, antichrist, you have to swear that you will not light on fire and burn my mother's possessions. Again."

Theo shrugged moodily. "I guess I won't."

The second we got to the basement, Blue sat us down on a beanbag chair that faced the three of them. Carlos and Jax were holding papers with words written all over them. I exchanged a weary look with Theo.

"Isn't this supposed to be a fun Mario day?" I whined. "And weren't you supposed to try to get to know the boy I like?"

Theo nodded firmly. "Yes, I like you too, my human."

"Young love," Jax cooed.

"Love is not an emotion I am capable of," Theo stated.

"Aw," Jax cooed again. "He's shy."