C H A P T E R 5

I like not only to be loved, but to be told that I am loved; the realm of silence is large enough beyond the grave

I like not only to be loved, but to be told that I am loved; the realm of silence is large enough beyond the grave. ― George Eliot

////////

Ever since he found out that he was pregnant Jeongguk couldn't help but keep his hand firmly planted on to his tummy. At school his eyes darted around wanting to know if people knew or maybe if people could tell he was pregnant despite not even being only being a month. Apparently he wouldn't be showing until his second month which honestly he was grateful for. This gave him time to mull over his options and consider if he should tell his family or not.

Park Jimin his best friend had been glued to his side ever since he found out as well. Jeongguk really was grateful for him. At home his brothers had asked how the doctors appointment went. He simply had given them a lie of "it was just a stomach bug hyung's!" Though that didn't really stop them from being skeptical. Despite being into his first month of pregnancy he still threw up. Yet not as often as before. He also hadn't seen or hung out recently with Taehyung. He missed the older.

Currently in class he tapped his pencil against the wooden desk as the tall olden lady droned on about literature and how Mark Twain was before his time. He couldn't really focus though. Could you blame him? All he could think about was how life was forming inside of him. Glancing down at his sweater clad tummy he placed a hand on it rubbing soothingly in circles.  Was this baby worth it?

Was the baby worth keeping? Was it worth the potential risk of being thrown out and abandoned? Biting his bottom lip and gnawing on it his eyes flickered up for a brief moment before they closed. If he did decide to keep it which heaven forbid his future. He'd have to think of jobs. He'd have to work employed full time perhaps even dropping collage. Who knows if he'd have help? Sure Jimin said he'd be here but would he keep that promise?

Would his brothers still care about him? And what about Taehyung? Taehyung who was his best friend. Taehyung who would do anything for Jeongguk. The same Taehyung who Jeongguk repressed his feelings for back in 7th grade. He couldn't help the quiet sniffle as tears welled up in his eyes. Taehyung who was senior and currently applying to collages. Taehyung who dreamed of being an actor or well known super model. Taehyung who wanted to go to art school.

He couldn't do this. He could feel himself get sick. Tears began to rush down his redden cheeks as he choked out a sob which alerted his teacher. The woman frowned "Jeong-" but she couldn't even finish before the boy was bolting out of the door and to the bathrooms. He could feel his lunch slowly crawling up his throat. His mind swirling and buzzing with uncertainty and fear of the future. Pushing open the restrooms door he slung himself into the corner stall that had a sink and slinked down to his knees retching up whatever was in his stomach.

Crystal like tears continued to cascade down his face as sobs choked and mingled with his heaving. It didn't take long for him to finally stop and to get up flushing the toilet. Groaning he made his way to the sink washing his mouth and face and making sure he at least looked presentable. Gargling the nasty tap water he spit it out before popping in mint gum from his pocket. Maybe perhaps he should tell Taehyung.

Slowly walking out of the stall his feet dragging against the floor as he made his way to the door he pursed his lips together. Yeah he should tell Taehyung. Get it over with and hope at least the older would still accept being his friend. With one last shaky sigh he pushed open the restroom door and walked out checking from right to left before his eyes landed on said male with..another female?

Taehyung seemed to be laughing and overall had a pink tint on his cheeks. The girl was against the wall with Taehyung's hand on the side of her head. The girl seemed to be giggling and shyly talking back. Jeongguk felt like he had to puke again. No he couldn't do it. He couldn't tell Taehyung. More tears appeared and rushed down his face. Whatever feelings he had suppressed now clawing and tearing the seams to his heart.

He could do this on his own. He didn't need Taehyung. Swiftly turning on his heel he made his way back to the classroom. He decided he'd raise the baby. Jeongguk decided to schedule a check up appointment for when he hit two months.  Biting his lip once more he thought back to Taehyung. The older never mentioned a potential girl or even having a girlfriend at all!

Silently entering the classroom with a bow to the teacher he headed back to his seat. His classmates around him focusing on the work that was assigned. Jeongguk could only sit down and blankly stare at the paper in front of him. Could only blankly stars at the words that had been written by Mark Twain. Could only think back to how hurt he was feeling about everything.

With a gentle hand placed on his stomach he whispered ever so softly "don't worry baby..I-it'll be me and you and I'll make sure..I'll do whatever I can to take care of you" because in the end he knew that it would just be him and the baby. Whether Jimin was involved or not. Or whether he told his family or not. His baby would always come first before him. If he was kicked out he'd rather let the baby eat then let himself taste anything.

Because he didn't need Taehyung. Taehyung was happy it seems with the girl.

It would just be him and the baby.

////////

Hi! So I wanted to update uwu but I'll also like to clarify that the reason Jeongguk didn't think to much on adoption or abortion is because in the end with his emotions the only thing he could think of is his baby. Of course maybe in the future he'd start to have doubts but seemingly with someone new in the picture with Taehyung he's feeling as if the baby is the only connection left to the older.

In the next chapter I'll explain more on why they don't talk as much as before ^^

Anyways I hope you enjoyed and if you have any questions please comment :((

Don't be a silent reader~