C H A P T E R 6

"The magic of our first love is our ignorance that it can never end

"The magic of our first love is our ignorance that it can never end." —Benjamin Disraeli

///////

Kim Taehyung was Jungkook's first love. Kim Taehyung was Jungkook's first friend and overall Kim Taehyung was Jungkook's everything. They had met during the blistering heat of the summer. Where the sun berated and burned down people as if they were in a oven. Jungkook was only 5 at the time. Enrolled fresh into kindergarten. Taehyung had moved into his neighborhood with the older being 7 at the time.

While Jungkook struggled to read Taehyung had been excelling with it. While Jungkook could barely count Taehyung was already learning how to multiply. Yet somehow despite being in different grades and different age groups they came together. It had been when Taehyung first moved from Daegu to busan. The house next to Jungkook's empty now that the wife of the old man next door had passed.

The Kim's have moved in and no sooner than later so did the moving trucks. At first Jungkook was mad. He loved the old married couple dearly. The lady feeding him constantly and always giving him sweets while the man told stories of war and back when he was a young child. Of course he exaggerated on some bits. Even going as far as to say he was a explorer! Of course Jungkook being the naive five year old he was believed it. He ran all the way home to retell the story.

So when Jungkook came to find out the old couple left and a new younger family moved in he wasn't thrilled. One night his mother came to his room and told him they were going to meet the neighbors. Wide eyed as his mother began to dress him he whined "mama!! I don't wanna go!" His mother could only smile fondly before rolling her eyes "now now Jungkook you better behave okay?" She scolded him lightly before pushing back his bangs and kissing him gently on the forehead.

Standing in front of the Kim's residence his father knocked three times and waited. To Jungkook it felt like forever before a boy who was taller and looked older than him opened the door. The male in front of him blinked before staring up at Jungkook's parents and smiling politely "hello!" He chirped as Jungkook's mother cooed "hello..is your parents home?" She asked in a soft tone as the boy nodded turning away and with a daegu accent (not that Jungkook would know about accents) called for his parents "Ma! Pa! The neighbors are here!!"

Jungkook winced and hid behind his mother's legs feeling intimidated by the strangers loud voice. Jungkook had always been a shy one. The boy suddenly turned back staring at Jungkook with bright curiosity "is that your son ma'am?" He asked pointing at the little one. The strange boy seemed to be missing a tooth. Jungkook's mother only giggled and nodded "his name is Jungkook! Go on Jungkook say hi~"

Jungkook blinked before letting out a little whine and shaking his head "n-no..d-don't wanna.." Jungkook's father smiled slightly "now Jungkook..you don't wanna be rude.." Jungkook looked up at his father before hugging and staring at the boy "hi..m-my name i-ish Jungkook.." his Bambi eyes blinking at the other. The boy hummed "I like him..can I keep him ma'am he's cute" he said grinned at Jungkook's mother as said lady couldn't contain her laugh.