Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

2 Years Later....

"Don't you fucking tell me what to do around here girl! I do as I bloody well please!" The loud bass roar of my stepfathers voice rang in my ears. "If I want ta make Anna cry, then I can fucking do so! Do ya here me?" I cry out as he lifts me off the ground, after several kicks in the stomach, hips and chest, by the hair and brings me eye to eye. I struggled, trying to look away from that dark, cold, menacing stare. His eyes were like those of a vicious viper.

"I said, DO YA FUCKING HERE ME?!" He screams, spitting in my face. I could smell the strong scent of alcohol lingering off his purtrid breath. Whimpering, I nod. I was afraid, I am afraid of this disgusting, abusive man that my mother so happened decided to marry. I hate her. I do. I despise her, for what she has done to us. Anna and I.

He glares at me for a moment longer and tosses me to the floor as if I were a rag doll, in disgust and hatred. As much as I wanted to, I didn't cry. I knew Anna was standing in the kitchen doorway, watching, watching everything that had just happened, watching me take a beating again. I didn't look at her, afraid to see the look on her face, afraid that if I did, I would cry too.

I couldn't cry. I wouldn't cry. I had to stay strong, for Anna.

Even though I didn't want to, I had to look at her. I had to stand, even though the pain in my right hip, stomach, chest and head was excruciating and complete agony. I had to stand, to ensure her, at least make her believe that I was fine and those few kicks and punches didn't affect me. She knew it did though. She's been hit a few times herself, but not in any case as bad as I, as I always stepped in when he started, or dared try hurt her. I took in the pain that, from the hideous man, was for her.

Even though it hurt, I didn't care. I knew that if I saw her get beaten, it would hurt me much more seeing that then the dozens of kicks, slaps and punches I receive from him. All he did, day after day, was come home, make me get him a beer and sit his lazy ass on the couch, whilst screaming at me to make him diner. He would make Anna turn on the TV and fetch every artifact he asked for.

As for my mother...she didn't care. We suffered, we endured the pain, we get punished, we get beaten, but she doesn't care. She just watches blankly, expressionless, emotionless, whilst we get pushed and shoved down onto the ground and get kicked and stampled on like dirt.

Still in her depressed, emotionless state. Still lying in her bed or on a chair, staring blankly, unblinking at absolutely nothing. Still barely a response when we try to talk to her. Still no sign of recognition in her face when we stand before her and look her in the eyes, mumbling our names, and begging for her to see us. Still the same, just married.

I look up at my sister, her eyes were bloodshot and red, swollen and wet from crying. She was still sobbing, staring at me. She just stood there when I got beaten, as she didn't know what to do. I could see fear in her eyes for me. She always blamed herself, everytime I got a beating. She somehow thought it was her fault and that she was a bad little sister. I just tell her not to think such thoughts and feel such feelings. Although I do not tell her, I feel the same way. I feel that this is all my fault.

"I'm okay, i'm okay." I ensure her.

I try to stand. I try not to falter or stumble or show any sign of pain as I do. I grit my teeth as the pain shot right up my spine. I stand as straight as possible and begin walking forward, towards Anna, to hold her and comfort her and tell her everythings fine and we're going to be okay.

Just then Richard, my stepfather, walks back through the kitchen doorway and I see the look of terror and fear in Anna's eyes as he gives us both a furious and foul look. "What the fuck do ya think ya doing, aye? Grab ya suitcases and get in the fucking car will ya's!" When we don't move he screams, "NOW!!"

I take hold of Anna's hand and squeeze, then we run along towards our rooms. Anna's room was just across from mine. We both walked into her room to grab her things. Her was almost exactly the same as mine, except we have different furniture, placed in different areas of the rooms. Her walls were a creamy white and so was her carpet and curtains. Her furniture was all made of wood, old. She had wooden shelves, desks and cupboards that were all just wood. Although her bed head was white painted metal, bed covers were purple with teddybears on them, floating with stars around them.

We never had much. We, I, couldn't afford anything. I had bearely enough for food anymore as I have to always waiste the money on alcohol for Richard.

"What is taking you girls so bloody long?!" We hear Richard shout up the stairs in fury and impatience,

I hurriedly throw things in Anna's suitcase then rush to my room, as I didn't want Richard coming up here to get us. I threw things in it also.

Anna and I walked down the stairs with out suitcases, hand in hand.

We were moving to California. The removalist was coming to collect the rest, meaning the larger, heavier furniture later and bringing it to California for us. I had no idea why we were moving. Richard decided it, and its best not to argue with him. You will suffer for it if you do.

"MOVE!!" Richard yelled, he thought we were too slow, so we hurried along. Mum was standing at the doorway, staring outside into the sunny afternoon sky. Neither Anna nor I, paid the closest attention to her or looked her way as we walked past her.

We threw our suitcases in the back and jumped in the backseat. Richard and mum got in and closed their car doors. Richard reversed out of the drive way in such speed that we heard the tires screeching the driveway and he sped, with us girls in the back, towards California.