Four

Anthony's Pov: the next morning I was up by ten I stayed in bed for awhile looking at all the Happy birthday posts and messages I'd gotten already.

I know it would only be like seven in Cali but I guess the boys had stayed up later than I had cause I already had happy birthday text from them.

I decided to get up to shower before going upstairs.

In the bathroom I check my wrists and see no mark as I strip to get in the shower I look myself over in the mirror wondering if maybe it was just in a weird place but I find nothing.

I sigh it just hasn't shown up yet.

I slip into the shower and let the warm water soothe my muscles. I made it a quick shower though just washed my hair and my body before getting out.

I dry off fluffing my hair with my towel so it's not dripping. I decide that today being my birthday means I can wear some of my golf clothes for more than just filming TikToks alone in my room.

I get dressed and make my way upstairs.

"Good morning Anthony Happy Birthday!" My mom calls from the kitchen as I come up the stairs

"Morning mom thank you" I say coming into the kitchen

She's in the middle of cooking, stuff is already in the oven and I think she's making cake batter.

"Chocolate cake?" I question peeking over her shoulder

"Yes chocolate cake with chocolate frosting just the way you like it" she says

"Thanks mom" I smile dipped my finger into to batter to taste

"Hey hey birthday boy or not you still can't put your fingers in everything" she slaps my hand away

"Oh oh!" She suddenly squeaks taking my wrist and pushing my sleeve up her face falls slightly when she's met with nothing but she simply moves to the other wrist looking again to find nothing

"Nothing has shown up yet mom" I tell her

"I'm just excited I can't help it" she sighs

"I'm just as excited mom but I can't make it show up any faster" I laugh

"My little boy is growing up to be a big strong alpha" she cooes smooshing my cheeks

"Mom mom come on that's enough" I whine pulling away

For the next couple of hours my mom finishes cooking and baking I spend a lot of that time playing fortnite with my brothers but it's pretty relaxed.

That evening my house is full of Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and childhood friends it's a big event everyone is so excited for my mark to present.

But even as everyone leaves I still haven't gotten it. I've texted Jaden and Griffin and they both said to just wait it's fine Griffin didn't get his till almost midnight when he was 17.

As the last of my relatives leave I sigh my mother places a comforting hand on my back.

"Don't seem so down it's probably just because you weren't born till almost 11 go get ready for bed and I'm sure it'll show up soon" she comforts

I go back to my room lay in bed and turn on Netflix trying to relax and pass the time when my phone buzzes

~Anything?~ Griffin

~nope:|~ Anthony

~there's still time be patient~ Jaden

~ does it feel like anything when it shows up?~ Anthony

~it tingles a bit~ Griffin

~tingles?~ Anthony

~like when your foot falls asleep~ Jaden

~what if it doesn't show up~ Anthony

~everyone gets one bud~ Jaden

~well what if I don't~ Anthony

~you will~ Griffin

I sigh tossing my phone to the side and go back to my Netflix show.

It's 10:45 when my chest starts to feel weird I push out a cough thinking I just needed to clear my throat to breathe a bit better.

After five minutes the tingling hasn't gone away and that's when I think shit it Tingles.

No it can't be my mark it's a tingling almost burning sensation on either side of my chest. So I wait a few minutes longer before the feeling starts to grow more intense.

I rush into the bathroom yanking off my top and as my shirt goes over my head the glimpse of my chest that I see in the mirror is enough to cause my knees to give out.

I stare intensely at the cabinets as I sit heels under my ass taking shakey breaths trying to process what the fuck I just saw. After a few more deep breaths I place my hands on the counter and pull my self up to stand but stay looking at the ground.

My knees shake as I lift my head and I'm afraid they might give out again. My chest still tingles but it also feels like it my exploded with how hard my heart is beating.

As I look at myself in the mirror I realize that my eyes had not deceived me and there staring back at me are two delicate looking purple hearts placed just below my collar bone on either side of my chest.

I don't know what is more shocking though, that I'm an omega or that I have two marks.

I don't realize I'm crying till I can no longer see myself in the mirror my body feels numb my mind is jumbled and my heart is still racing.

I suddenly can't catch my breath I wasn't meant to be an omega I'm the perfect example of an alpha I shouldn't have these Purple Hearts I should have the strong black flames on my wrist just like Jaden and Griffin.

Oh my god Jaden and Griffin shit they can't know no one can know. I'd rather be the anomaly of not getting a mark than being the alpha stuck as and omega. I decide then and there that no one can know not my family not my friends and certainly not Griffin or Jaden.

God what would they think they'd be so embarrassed by me I mean no one cares that Noen is and omega but he fits the role so well I don't...right? I've always been told I'd grown up to be an alpha a strong independent leader and that's what I've been working towards this is like a slap in the face saying I wasn't good enough to be an alpha. Like I had fucked up somewhere along the way and ruined everything for myself without even knowing it.

I wash and dry my face of my tears pull on my shirt and take a deep breath I walk back out into my room and immediately go to lock my door.

I'm not ready to fake it yet I curl up in bed and decide that if anyone tries to come see if I've gotten my mark yet I'll just pretend to be asleep and not answer the door.

I'll figure the rest out tomorrow right now I just kinda want to curl up and sleep forever.

By the time I've settled myself into bed curled up in my Favorite stolen hoodie I realized it's already midnight. I plug my phone in and realize I haven't answer any of my friends texts they were all excitedly waiting to see my mark.

I decide it best not to answer I put my phone on my nightstand and crawl into to comfort that is my bed.

I feel exhaustion taking over making my body feel heavy my mind is numb and blank and my eyes no longer want to stay open and I drift off into the black abyss that is sleep.