Relapse

Josephine's POV

Sweetheart," my mom said, "Oh! What is that smell?"
I looked at her with my most pleading look, and said, "I relapsed."
She looked at me. My mother sat down on my bed and gave me a hug. Then started crying. She seriously started crying. And all I could do was just sit there with her arms wrapped around me and wait for her to stop boobing on my new shirt.
She does this every time I say I smoked. She takes it as such a big deal. Like it's against her religion or something. My mom, Gretta is what I usually call her, has a really sensitive heart, and gets hurt easily. It's hard not to want to strangle her when she starts crying because it makes you want to hug her and tell her it's going to be alright. I end up comforting her, when she is supposed to be putting me in a rehab center because I can't stop doing my drugs for one day. That's what normal parents do. But my mom cries on my shoulder and feels sorry for herself that she has to take care of such a disappointment. It's the truth.
I'll never really understand why she continuously comes in my room, everyday, just to find out I've smoked again. You'd think she's learned by now, but nope. She keeps coming in, acting all perfect like we bond and everything.
I think she's scared. Of me.

Gretta's POV

I went into Josephine's room to see if she was okay, and she looked so sad. So sorry of what she did. She hadn't smoked meth for twenty-nine hours. All that hard work put to waste. I believe she can try again. I believe she will make it. My baby girl is strong, and independent. I feel sorry for her when she looks so sad, and pale. When she's high she's emotionless. So I know when I hugged her, her high hit her. She didn't hug back. That usually happens. It's the drugs. They're hurting her.
I'm in such trepidation for my sweetie. She deserves the best. She deserves so much more than what she has. I feel like a failure. I'm not doing well enough. Maybe I should get her in counseling. If she is sad, maybe she should talk to someone. She doesn't talk to me ever, unless she has relapsed.
That's what I'll do. I'll get her into counseling. Maybe she will start hugging me again. .