two

_

_

As soon as Clive and I arrived at the big Capitol building, we were escorted to our rooms. I was so thankful as I was extremely tired from the long eventful day I had just had. Just as I flopped down on the bed in the middle of the room, Melodia burst into through the door, "make sure to get a good nights sleep! You have a big day tomorrow!" She said cheerily, and with that, she closed the slammed the door shut.

I put on the clothes that had been laid out on the bed for me and tossed the clothes I had been wearing during the day aside. I pushed aside the heavy covers of the bed and slipped underneath them. The bed was so plush it felt as if I was on a cloud, I had never felt something this comfortable in my life before.

-🕸-

The next morning, I was awoken by the sound of Melodia knocking at my door. "Ride and shine! You have a big day today!" She said, even though I couldn't see her face from behind the door, I could practically hear that her face was beaming with excitement. I groaned and slipped out from under the warm covers of the bed and changed into my clothes from the day before, and walked towards the door. I slowly unlocked and opened the door, dreading the chariot ride we I have to do, and I would probably have on a ridiculous dress on for it. As soon as I opened up the door, Melodia rushed inside. She led me to a dining room for breakfast, which consisted of bacon, eggs, waffles, hash browns, and something they called "orange juice" which I couldn't get enough of. After I was finished, Melodia took me with her to meet my prep team.

"Oh, they'll make you look absolutely gorgeous!" She said, waving her hands around in excitement. Today she was wearing a tight pastel green dress covered in vines. She looked ridiculous, but it was tuned down from her normal style. "I can't wait to see what they do to you!" She added.

As she led me through two big metal doors, I was greeted by three people who were dressed equally, (or maybe even more) ridiculously then Melodia. "Oh you must be Finch!" A woman said, scuttling over to me, she wore a lavender coloured vintage looking dress, and Mary-Jane style shoes. She had big heavy lashes attached to her eyes, rosy pink cheeks, and her complexion was that of porcelain. She looked like what I could only describe as a doll. The woman took one of my hands in both of hers and shook it with a smile plastered on her face.

The three peculiar people looked me up and down and then got to work, rushing around me and blabbering nonsense as they were at it.

-🕸-

After a few hours of what I would call torture, my prep team finishes soaking me with oils, rubbing me down with who knows what, and waxing me till it hurts. My stylist comes in and presents me with a glittery silver dress, along with a headpiece made with the same material. The dress was probably the most hideous thing I had ever seen in my 17 years of living on this earth. I changed into the ridiculous outfit, and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked just like someone from the capitol, and I hated it.

-🕸-

My prep team, Melodia and I, all get lunch an hour before the opening ceremony is supposed to start. The whole time I bounce my leg up and down while I think about how terribly I could mess this up.

After lunch, I'm led to a room where I'm dressed in my outfit, with matching glittery silver heels and makeup to go along with it. The makeup artist doesn't overdo it with the makeup though, which I'm thankful for; I don't want to look completely unrecognizable. I'm led into a chariot along side Clive, who's wearing an almost identical outfit to me, we both look ridiculous and I just want to get this over with.

The two big golden doors of the room I was in open up, and the chariot leads me into the city circle. Chariots pour in one by one, each persons outfit even more absurd then the next. People from the Capitol cheer all of the tributes on and I'm reminded that 23 of us are going to have to die in the arena.

As the chariot rode to the end of the city circle, I looked around at what I guess I would call my fans. I waved and smiled as if I were enjoying this. I looked I looked over to the careers, who definitely loving it more then I was.

As the chariot reached halfway to the end of the city circle, I began to hear the people of the Capitol chant someone's name, "Katniss, Katniss!" They shouted. I looked behind me to see Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark on their chariot, wearing matching black outfits that were... on fire? They did look pretty cool if I was being completely honest.

-🕸-

After the parade, we eat dinner, and are sent to our rooms to sleep. Apparently we would be needing "plenty of rest" before training tomorrow.