Chapter 42.) 2 weeks later...

It was May 21st, it's been 2 weeks since Doctor Garner had to perform an at-home termination on Renae. It wasn't as complicated as it would've been if she was carrying full-term but since she was only a month, the only thing she had to worry about was the embryo.

        She got Renae cleaned up and sent her to the hospital to get a full-body exam and Pap smear to make sure she didn't miss anything this time and also had her checked for scar tissue.

       Renae had closed herself off from the world as she used that time to grieve and really let everything that she's been battling out. King was with her everyday and shed a few tears with her.

       The twins summer vacation was in a few weeks and King was counting down the days, he was ready for some excitement to come back in his life.

        Kairo was 8 months, growing more into his features and personality. He wasn't fond of loud noises still, he hated to see Renae cry and Ava was indeed his best friend.

        It was 9 in the morning, Ava was out with Karen. Renae was in the bathroom, giving Kairo his morning bath while Shay Lia, Dangerous played softly in the background.

        King was still asleep, and Renae wanted it to stay that way because she knew he needed it after taking care of her much.

       "You're a good baby you know? You barely get into things except for food," she laughed softly as she poured the water over Kairo's hair and he laughed splashing the water.

       "I wanted you to be a big brother... I wished things could've gone better, but you still have three sisters that'll take care of you,"

        Kairo smiled up at her as if he understood what she was saying then giggled holding up his rubber ducky.

       "I love you, chunky man," she cooed rubbing her nose against his then kissed his cheeks.

       Giggling, he touched her face and Renae smiled faintly as she placed her hand over his and closed her eyes.

       Not being able to have any more kids really broke her heart but she had four that she was grateful for.

        "I love you my little Superman... always," she told him as she went back to washing him off.

       Kairo picked up his race car and held it up to her and grinned widely.

       "You like cars huh? I think I found your interest," she chuckled letting the water drain as she rinsed the soap from his body.

       Grabbing his towel, she wrapped him up in it and stood up slowly trying to ignore the pain in her back.

       "Shoot," she mumbled taking a deep breath before switching Kairo in her other arm as she picked up the cocoa butter and headed into the room.

        Laying him down on her side of the bed, Kairo squealed looking over at a sleeping King and tried to roll over but Renae stopped him and laughed.

         "Daddy's sleeping," she whispered then tickled him and he laughed trying to push her hand away.

        Smiling, Renae hurried and dried him off then applied lotion to his body before she got him dressed in his Batman onesie.

       Sitting Kairo between her legs, she dried his hair with the towel then grabbed the homemade hair moisturizer Karen gave her.

       Rubbing it into his small curls, Kairo smiled messing with his foot.