Arc 1.2

This picture is of Zachary Dolton
________________

Silence ran through the small apartment. All that was heard were the soft breaths of a youth on a worn out mattress. The scene was peaceful and serene until...

BEEP..BEEP...BEEP...BEEP

The once harmonious scene was shattered in an instant by the obnoxious beeping of the alarm by the young man's head. The boy reached a heavy arm from out beneath the covers and slammed it on top of the analog clock, turning it off.

Peter sat up and glared at the world, he really wanted to kill something. Saying that he was not a morning person, was a serious understatement. It was 9:00 am, two hours before he had to go to Kurt's bar to introduce himself to the rest of the members. Reluctantly he got out of bed and began to get ready.

It took him 30 minutes to get himself dressed and eat breakfast. Grabbing his laptop, he sat down on the couch. Right now, Peter had little to no money, and while he became a part of Kurt's underground club, he still didn't have enough money to get him through tomorrow. For right now, he needed to use his limited hacking skills to try and get him some.

After twenty minutes, he had successfully transferred over 1,000 dollars to his account. Knowing that it would be easily traced back to him, as he didn't have enough skill, he used the system to wipe out the remaining traces he left behind.

With that done, he decided to figure out the question that had been bugging him since he got here, why did Peter have such a complicated background? In a beginner world, every thing was simple, even the main characters had barely any backstory to speak of, so why was Peter given such an in depth past?

{Scan for irregularities regarding Peter Sykes}

[Scanning... Processing data... Irregularity detected. Do you wish to receive information?]

Selecting yes, Peter begins to read the collected data. The information shocked him, the first time he gets control in a new world and it's bugged? What are the odds?

It turned out the world used to be labeled as an intermediate difficulty world and Peter was the main character. It was basically the cliché, rising up from the bottom storyline. Somehow, an unknown entity has invaded the world, throwing the plot completely off track and creating a new story instead. He had a feeling he knew what this unknown entity was.

{Scan for other systems}

[Scanning... 1 system was found.]

So I was right. It was probably whoever was watching me at lunch. I should be careful, who knows what his/her intentions are.

[System has been identified as System 087. Scan has shown that System 087 is malfunctioning.]

What? Malfunctioning? What does that mean? I didn't even know a system could malfunction.

{Search information for 'System Malfunctions'}

[Searching... information found on page 684 of the System Handbook]

Opening the handbook to page 684, Peter could only think that he was quite lucky.

[When a system malfunctions, it loses its control and can only bring hosts to a randomly selected world. The power collecting function is disabled and can no longer give out missions. As for the hosts, they will be unable to remember the worlds they have transmigrated to, nor will they be able to remember that they are not the bodies they transmigrated into.]

Peter no longer had to worry about the unknown person. It was a huge relief for him. Yesterday, that unknown soul had caused him massive amounts of stress and anxiety.