Chapter 1

The rain had been drizzling on and off all morning. In typical December fashion, the sky's over Paris had been grey for days and now that the holidays were approaching, the clouds had decided to open up making the days look even more bleak. Looking into Miss Bustier's classroom though, you would never have known the day outside could be so miserable.

With Christmas just around the corner, Miss Bustier had allowed the class free time before lunch, since most classes were winding down anyway. Everyone was excitedly talking about their holiday plans. Marinette couldn't help but be pleased to overhear that both Lila and Chloe would be out of the country for Christmas, but she was a little disappointed to find out that both Alya and Nino would also be away this year too with their families. Already now half way through their senior year, Marinette had hoped to be able to spend as much time as possible with her friends before school was over. With the festive season being one of the busiest times of the year for the bakery, they naturally would be spending Christmas at home. Not that Marinette minded. After all, Marinette couldn't very well leave Paris unprotected since even Chat Noir would be away most of Christmas week.

"What about you Adrien? You going anywhere for Christmas?" Nino addressed his best friend who was now turning around to join the conversation.

"I'm going with my Father and Nathalie to Geneva for some work thing for a few days, but we will be back on the 23rd, so before Christmas." Alya raised an eyebrow giving Marinette an elbow in the ribs.

"There you go Marinette, you won't be the only one here at Christmas." Marinette looked at her with big eyes, but Alya continued addressing Adrien. "Maybe you could keep our Marinette company for me while I'm away." By now Marinette's face was turning a deep red, but Alya saw Adrien give her that endearing look he always did where Marinette was concerned.

"I'd like that, if it's alright with you Marinette?" It took a moment for Adrien's words to register in her mind. Over the years Marinette had managed for the most part to get over her fluster and embarrassing stutter when she was around the blonde model. With Alya and Nino being a couple for so long now, and their best friends, Adrien and Marinette had been thrown together on more than one occasion. Getting to spend more time together and actually talking helped Marinette not only strengthened their friendship, but had made them quite close. Besides Chat and maybe Alya, Adrien was one of the few people she really trusted. She had realised that even if Adrien didn't feel the same way about her, and even if she could never fully get over her crush on him, she didn't ever want to lose his friendship.

"Y-Yes, absolutitilly." She responded a little too loudly, mentally facepalming at her flub. "I mean, I'd love for you to come round. I...um...usually make gingerbread on Christmas Eve if you'd like to help me decorate them." Despite tripping over her words and feeling like she was 14 again, she had to smile at the way Adrien's eyes lit up.

"That would be awesome. I've never decorated gingerbread before so you can teach me." Marinette couldn't help that her heart still fluttered for him and his adorable dorkiness over something as simple as decorating gingerbread. Her smile soon dropped though when Adrien broke out into a coughing fit.

"Dude, you okay? That sounds nasty." Nino queried, patting his friend on the back. Adrien managed to recover waving off their concerns.

"It's all good." He smiled, noting the worry in Marinette's eyes. There was something really comforting in those bluebell eyes, he mused. Something familiar. He pulled his thoughts back to his concerned friends. "Really, it's just a little cold, I'm fine."

"Well I know a magical cure for that." Alya piped in. "Marinette's famous hot chocolate." That damn blush was starting to creep back over her cheeks but seeing Adrien so readily agree to the idea of going to the bakery for lunch warmed her heart.