Chapter 3

"Girl, I still can't believe you went over to the photoshoot, and on your own!." Alya ran her thumb down her phone, rereading the dozens of text messages her and Marinette had sent back and forth after she had returned to the bakery the previous night.

"Well, I had to do something, it was cold and raining and he looked half frozen when I got there." Marinette furrowed her eyebrows. "I just hope he was alright after I left."

"Oh I'm sure you helped warm him up." Alya winked sending a blush across Marinette's face.

"Alya!" Marinette protested, but her best friend just chuckled and continued to walk towards class. Marinette looked for Adrien upon entering the classroom, but Nino was sitting alone. Maybe he was just running late?

"Hey babe, hey Marinette. Looks like I'm cruising solo at my table today." Marinette and Alya shared a look before looking back at Nino.

"But Adrien said he was coming for the last day." Marinette said, but the DJ just shook his head.

"He's sick. Sounds like that photoshoot last night got the better of him. Plus he has to get better to travel with his dad to Geneva tomorrow and old man Agreste sounds royalty cheese off." Marinette dropped her head on the table as she took her seat. Poor Adrien, he's sick and all his dad can think of is his plans and profits.

"So much for my magical cure hot chocolate." She wished she could throw a Miraculous Ladybug and make him all better. Unfortunately it just didn't work that way. Marinette sighed just as Alya's phone started to beep an alert.

"There's an Akuma in the park!" Called out Alix as Alya got her phone out. Students started running out the door to go and see.

"You coming Marinette?" Alya grabbed her friend by the arm, but Marinette wriggled free.

"Ah...I think I'll pass thanks. I'll...ah...just hide out here if it's all the same to you." Marinette gave Alya an innocent smile and the budding reporter just laughed at her.

"Suit yourself girl, come on Nino." Marinette watched as they ran out of the classroom with the others before crouching down under the desk. Tikki floated out of her bag with a determined look on her face.

"Come on Tikki, we have work to do. Spots On!"

Racing out the window, Ladybug made her way to the park. Chat wasn't there yet, but she found the akumatized villain. Approaching with caution, she could hear the woman yelling out. "I am the only Prima Donna of the Parisian theatre. How dare they replace me with an understudy - an UNDERSTUDY!" Ladybug began to approach, her yo-yo swinging in preparation for whatever Prima Donna might throw at her.

The villain was wearing a large renaissance styled ball gown with a gold gilded Venician mask. Ladybug had a feeling the akuma wasn't in the mask though. She was going to have to get closer.

"Ladybug, your earnings will be my new accessory when I grace the stage as the theatre's one and only Prima Donna." The villain then began to sing in scales, getting higher and higher until the sound became so piercing that Ladybug had to retreat back as Prima Donna's voice began to shatter glass. The ground shook causing Ladybug to lose her footing, but she was caught by a pair of strong arms keeping her upright.

"Whoa, what's all the screaming about m'lady?" Chat stood next to Ladybug who had taken shelter behind a bus.

"She's not screaming Chat, she's singing - apparently." Ladybug laughed as she turned to her partner, but her face changed when she saw how pale he looked, even under the mask. "Chat are you alright? You don't look well." Chat waved off her concern.

"I'm fine, it's just a cold, but thanks for worrying about me Bugaboo." He winked at her causing her to laugh again and shake her head. Change in weather always did bring sickness around, she reasoned. "Let's just get this show pony off the stage." He jumped up, running towards the villain with Ladybug close behind.