Chapter 10

Good morning princess." Adrien gently whispered in her ear as Marinette began to stir. He had been awake for a while, used to Nathalie getting him up early of a day, but he had been content just to watch her sleep. Marinette slowly half opened her eyes to look at him with a sleepy smile before closing them again. Her hair was everywhere, and he was pretty sure she had been drooling at some point, but in the early morning glow he thought she was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen.

"Princess huh?" She mumbled. He grinned at her.

"Well I may have called you that as Chat once, but no one else knows that. I would call you my Queen, but it kind of reminds me of Chloe for some reason." Marinette snorted at that. "But you know you'll always be my Lady." He kissed the back of her hand prompting her to slightly open her eyes. As Marinette slowly became more aware her eyes flew open in slight panic.

"Oh! I better go back up to my room before mama and papa come down." She went to get up when he grabbed her hand and called her back.

"It's alright, your mother knows. She came down about two hours ago to the kitchen." He reached out and tucked some hair behind her ear. "I guess they don't have any objections to me being your boyfriend."

Memories of last night came flooding back into Marinette's mind, of all the kisses and the late night revelations. She had to remind herself that this had all been real and not just another dream. She giggled as she gently touched his face. "Silly Kitty, of course not. They love you." She softly kissed him on the cheek. "And so do I." Adrien brought her lips back to his and felt the warmth of her wash over him again. He may still be feeling uncertain about his future, and he wasn't entirely sure how his father was going to take any of this, but he knew in his heart he would fight the world to keep her in his arms. She was his, and he was hers and nothing was going to take that away.

"Come on Sabine. Let's get these kids awake and open some presents." Tom's voice rang out from the stairs.

"We're awake papa." Marinette called out, still looking in Adrien's eyes.

"We'll have breakfast first." Sabine said as she looked in. "Tidy up the room before coming to the kitchen." The two teens nodded as they started to get up.

"I don't know about you m'lady, but I think I already got the best present of all." Marinette smirked at him with a mischievous glint.

"Oh really, and what might that have been?" She leaned over so her nose was just blushing on his.

"Your dad's croissants." Marinette's mouth flew open in mock horror as his laughing intensified. She dived on him, whacking him on the head with a small pillow amid his protests for mercy. He wrapped his arms around her waist, her hair hanging down lightly brushing his face as he looked up into her bluebell eyes. "Your the best gift of all Marinette." He said gently, cupping her face with his hand before bringing her down to him for another kiss.

********

"Okay, I've got one for you, what do you call a deer with no eyes?" Tom asked. Adrien shook his head with a shrug. "No eye deer." Marinette hung her head as Adrien laughed. "Wait, there's more." Tom continued, his grin getting wider. "What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs?" Marinette cringed in anticipation while her newly minted boyfriend eagerly awaited the answer. "Still no eye deer." The bluenette groaned loudly as Adrien and her father collapsed in laughter.

"Papa, it's bad enough reading the lame jokes in the crackers, you really don't need to add to them." But they both just grinned at her annoyance.

"Come now Tom, no more jokes at the table. Adrien dear, would you like some more." Adrien eagerly held up his plate to Sabine for a second helping. Over the years she had known him Sabine often worried Adrien wasn't being fed enough for his height. She hoped that he would get to be part of many more family meals where she could feed him up. He was wearing the beanie that Marinette had made for him, minus the cat ears. It was black with green trim, just like his scarf. His Chat beanie she gave to him separately, another concealed paw print hidden inside. She in turn was wearing the red and green charm bracelet he had made. In Between the beads she had found a little ladybug charm and cat charm. Adrien explained to her later that it was the gift he had originally intended to give Ladybug. It was almost a perfect match for the necklace, which she intended to wear always.