The Gathering

He was something out of my wet dreams.

Tall.

Virtually towering above my 5'7'' at what conceivably could have been a foot. Which propelled my reluctant evaluation of his undeniable elitism. It was without question that Alpha Hunter was one of the most revered pack leader in the world.

Powerful.

Just by his body alone one could sense the copious amount of power he spewed from his pores.

Dominate.

The inner wolf in me was drooling to submit instantly and let this prime specimen dominate me.

I combatted fiercely with my desire though. Resisting the temptation to allow myself turn into a trained dog.

He now stalked closer, posture tightly coiled like an animal about to pounce upon its prey. Closer I saw his eyes, they were a golden brown. Bright amber glowing abnormally from within.

I got the feeling this wasn't a natural human eye colour and he was some of the rare few that kept animal traits even in skin form.

It made my nerves twitch even more.

The contrast between the dark black hair on his head and shadow around his jaw with the bright soul piercing eyes caught me in a trance. It was so striking I couldn't help but stare with amazement.

I hadn't realized how close he'd gotten till I felt his breath on my forehead and an heavy arm wrapped around my waist pulling me nearer.

A pleasurable ache melted into the skin where he contacted my body, despite clothing barricading our skin. A frighteningly strong part of me wanted to rip off my dress and wrap myself around him despite the substantial amount of onlookers.

He stared into my eyes, mine unable to look away even if the building were to catch fire. I felt this connection I'd never before experienced, it was so intense I had to remind myself to keep breathing.

Being so close I could now smell him.

He was saturated with the scent of sandalwood and evergreen trees. It was both musky and fresh at the same time that I didn't think I could ever get sick of breathing it in.

At this point the Alpha of the Red Druids pack had entrapped me in his arms and leaned down towards me, his head dipped just above my head. I then felt the air being sucked into his massive chest and soon the soothing rumble that followed.

My mind melted and for moment I completely forgot where I was and just wanted to wrap myself in the warmth radiating from his massive body. This overwhelming new sensation causing my thoughts to short-circuit.

"It a-appears the Red Druid Alpha has found his mate! Aspen Kademen from the Stone Lake pack." The well-dressed announcer sputtered, dumbfounded at the sight before him.

This jostled me slightly out of my stupor marginally enough I furrowed my brows in confusion.

Wait, what was happening?

Before I had anymore time to comprehend the situation the room detonated in acclamation, distracting my thoughts once again. Notably the distinguishable Red Druid members were the most enthusiastic in their applauds. Standing up, shouting and whistling their approval while hurdling their hands together.

All the while the Shadow Alpha still had me sealed within his clutches.

Still disoriented from the fresh connection, I feebly tried to step away, believing maybe space from this man would clear my fuzzy head. My effort was meant with a subtle quiet growl and a imposing peer from Hunter.