Sorry, We're Closed

It was strange, bizarre even. As much as Harry tried not to think about it. He knew that they were there, up there in the mountains. Sitting, waiting. And wanting to be used. The biggest thing was that, as long as he'd had his father's Cloak, he'd never felt that pull before. It was only now that all three were together that he felt it.

He'd even gone back to read The Tale of the Three Brothers. It was just as he remembered. Not that he was likely to forget that story. The three Peverell brothers, one of whom was his direct ancestor, had met Death. Whoever or whatever that meant. And from that encounter, the three objects, the three Deathly Hallows, were born. Supposedly, the one who united all three would be the 'Master of Death'.

Another useless, stupid title. At least, he hoped it was useless and stupid.

To be perfectly honest with himself, he had no idea what it meant.

Sure, he could take a guess. The Soul Stone was fairly obvious, it controlled all souls that lived or had ever lived, even giving its wielder the power to bring them back to life, in some way. The Elder Wand, also known by some down through the ages as the Death Stick was reputedly the most powerful wand in existence. The fact that it'd been responsible for the deaths of so many supported that fact, at least. And then there was his Invisibility Cloak. A cloak that never wore out and allowed anyone to hide under it.

And for the first time in history, since even before that story was first told, all three were now owned by the same person. Him.

Growling in frustration, Harry snapped the book shut once again. All he was doing was rereading the same words. There were no answers in there. What he needed was an expert, someone who had extensive knowledge of the Deathly Hallows. Someone who had studied the story and the objects and their history their entire life.

Or someone who knew everything that someone else had collated over the years. Someone like ...

He had no idea where she was or even the best way to find her. But he was Harry Potter and he was Mage. He had ways. He would find her and beg her to come visit. He needed her and never, not once in all the years that he'd known her, had she ever let him down.

ooo00ooo

The planet was blue and white, much like so many others that they'd seen. Of course, all of them, no matter what they looked like, how advanced they considered themselves, they all fell before the might of their Father.

"We are within range for a final approach," Proxima Midnight stated from the helm of the Q-ship. "Where should we start?"

"The traitor, Loki, opened his portal above a decent sized city," Ebony Maw mused. "That is as good a place to start as any."

"Taking us in," Proxima Midnight grinned.

She was looking forward to this, had been, in fact for quite some time. These people, these humans, had defeated the traitor and used a primitive weapon rather ingeniously to cripple their army. They were far past time to be taught their lesson.

The fact that they got to administer this lesson while their Father had gone to Knowhere was a very pleasing happenstance.

Thrusting her hands forward, she drove the Q-ship down into the atmosphere. Copious amounts of clouds billowed around them, building up on their bow before they simply blew through them.

And then she saw it. The city. It sat on the very edge of an ocean, full of millions of people all going about their boring, uneducated lives, completely unaware that the four most dangerous beings in their universe – not counting their Father, of course – had arrived to do their Father's bidding.