Temptation

Zhao Yunlan was weighting his chances. Yes, following a single vampire into a secluded room, he was pretty sure, he might be able to seize his chance as an elite vampire hunter and end this smirking monster called Ye Zun in secrecy. That would be one way to deal with the problem of being discovered. He's got more surprises than silver and holly weapons up his sleeves. Yeah, this guy wasn't weak and he was damn fast, yet with a bit of cunning, Zhao Yunlan would be able to win.

However, two of these guys seemed just a little bit too much for one vampire hunter to face head on. Right now, all of his weapons were definitely useless and he might be just waiting to get slaughtered and feasted on. In the better case scenario, in this order. But it might just go otherwise. Okay, let's think of a plan... can he actually manage to stall this until the rest arrives? But if he's not at his position by then, their plan might get greatly more difficult... Well, if he tried thinking realistic, there was no way, two vampires would let him live, given an obvious objective behind his tonight's visit. Tonight of all nights...

Zhao Yunlan sighed and reached into his pocket, taking out a cigarette. He should get the last one, since he still can. He leaned towards the fireplace to light it and with the first exhalle of grey smoke, he watched the identical twins bicker.

"See?" Ye Zun - the one in the red turtleneck who'd brought him here - waved his arm towards him. "They're naturally self-destructive! They know smoking kills, yet they smoke. He followed me here, knowing the danger. Let's just try. He's a hunter, he's sturdier than others!"

What the fuck has he gotten himself into?! "Hey!" Zhao Yunlan frowned, starting to get seriously concerned about what's being disscussed in front of himself.

"Shut up!" Ye Zun obviously didn't like to be interrupted.

"Ye Zun!" The other one reprimanded his brother, continueing with a softer, gentler voice. "Don't be rude. He has a right to be concerned."

"Food doesn't have any rights..." Ye Zun pouted, chewing on the inside of his own mouth in distaste of being told off in front of an inferior creature.

Okay, let's just try the odds. Zhao Yunlan pulled out his gun again, aiming at the beautiful but dangerous and most of all highly annoying creatures. More specifically at the one that seemed too full of himself. They have their own information, bullshit. If they have ever truly heard of him, Zhao Yunlan, the Chief of SID, the vampire hunter with the highest count of vampire-kills alive, the one whose every planned mission is a success... okay, tonight might be an exception but... you get the picture and the point being, those two evidently don't!

Quickly shielding his brother, Shen Wei stood in between them. "Wait, hunter! He didn't mean that!"

"Oh, he did..."

"I did..."

Zhao Yunlan's eyes narrowed in a grimace of anger. "If you think a vampire shielding another vampire is a gesture that would make me stop..." A light click as the trigger was pulled to be ready to shoot.

Shen Wei still stood his ground unwavering, elegant, his back straight, staring at the gun pointing directly towards his icy cold heart.

Ye Zun, on the other hand, started to get nervous, what if he angered the hunter and the stupid guy shoots his gege? He wouldn't like that. He looked to the site, quickly thinking of what would be the best. He was fast, pretty fast, but not faster than a bullet and he wouldn't get to the man on the other side of the room in time, besides, Shen Wei was blocking his path... "S-stop it!" He finally shouted. "My brother never killed anyone so stop that!"

At first, Zhao Yunlan raised an eyebrow in doubt. Do they seriously think he's going to believe an obvious lie like that? But looking at the, sort of embarrassed, suddenly frozen expression of Shen Wei, he quickly realized, the ridiculous statement might actually be true... "What...? Then how...?"

"How can he live? Like the likes of you care even!" Ye Zun yelled angrily, peeping from behind his brother.

Zhao Yunlan sighed, adjusting his aim. "Ok, but I bet you're not a vegan vampire, I'm sure I won't feel bad about shooting YOU."

"Let's calm down, right? Please?" Shen Wei tried to difuse the heated turn of events.

"Yeah, I will, when you guys stop talking about experimenting or whatever with me. I don't see how your little exchange before was supposed to make me want to NOT shoot." However, Zhao Yunlan was slightly ready to listen to the seemingly more sensible twin.

After a really long moment of silence when all the parties weighted the situation at hand, Zhao Yunlan finally stepped back from the door and went to sit over by the bed, his silver gun rested on his knees

After a really long moment of silence when all the parties weighted the situation at hand, Zhao Yunlan finally stepped back from the door and went to sit over by the bed, his silver gun rested on his knees. "I am ready to listen, so speak." He had no idea what was happening with these two. "It is well known that vampires are selfish creatures by nature and that they do not care for the continuation of their peers, only themselves. So I can believe you two do not mind my organisation wiping everybody off the face of the Earth, as long as you have your own objective."

Ye Zun smirked, evidently not seeing any of that as an insult, folding arms on his chest. It was only logical, right? Being the immortal creatures they were, there was no need for them to really broaden their numbers as long they themselves continued to live on. If others died, it still didn't matter. He could care less for anyone else but himself and his brother.

Shen Wei on the other hand frowned. He didn't like being talked to with disdain like that. Afterall, he was thinking differently but he couldn't blame the experienced vampire hunter for his harsh opinion because in vast general, that was a fact. It saddened him that he is being thought of that way, still.

"Yeah, let's talk," Ye Zun's mocking tone brought Shen Wei back from his dreary thoughts. Ye Zun sat in an armchair comfortably, his red eyes never leaving the dangerous human he'd brought with himself. "We won't rat you out to the others and might even consider keeping you alive... if you help my brother."

"Ye Zun...!" Shen Wei frowned at his brother. "It's madness. How are you even considering something like that? I'm fine. I still have time."

"Brother!"

"How touching," Zhao Yunlan's condescending words tried to hide the fact, he didn't at all understand what is happening around him. He was definitely intrigued by a vampire who's never killed a person in his life and greatly wondered how that was so, but at the same time he sort of knew, he will get to know that even without asking, very soon. The other one was a regular vampire. A bloodlusting psychopath, thinking only about things that benefited him and his brother - the sort all vampires are. But the kind look of that Shen Wei... If he himself weren't a genetically modified person like a vampire hunter, he would be sure, he was just put under a charming spell.