Chapter 30

Brooklyn's POV-

The first thing I hear at what seems like five o'clock in the morning is the moving of a lot of people. Not just moving around randomly, there are in sync. I quickly get up and follow everyone, I know this has to be the beginning of the attack.

Four told me yesterday that Maylyn is Divergent but today will tell us for sure.
I look around and notice they are tying their shoes. I quickly keep up. I fall into line and only move my eyes to search for Maylyn.
I can't find her, there are too many of us to even spot who is who..., that worries me.
We move pass by Eric and he yanks me out of line. I try not to fumble but that fails miserably. I fall to the ground and Eric grabs out a gun. Fuck... The gun is quickly pointed at me.

"Don't." I shout.

"Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Brooklyn. I've wanted you gone all of initiation and now I have the chance to take you out myself. Why wouldn't I take apart in that?"

"Because if you kill me, Maylyn will decapitate you with her bare hands."

"Your sister doesn't stand a chance against me."

"Then, why haven't you killed me yet?"

"Well, if you insist." Eric takes aim and clicks the chamber into place. Too bad for him, I have other plans. I kick my leg up, sending his gun flying into the wall. "Get her." Eric commands a few of the Dauntless members. Shit.

I take off running. It easily has to be the fastest I have ever ran in my life. I get swiped to one side by someone. I keep quiet knowing it has to be the smart thing to do. I turn around in the captures arms. It is Four. I hug him tightly knowing he just saved my life.

"Thank you." I release him seeing Tris is also in the room. She wears an irritated look on her face. "Sorry..."

"No, I get it." Tris quickly blows me off.

"No, I meant it. He's yours, not mine. Sorry."

"Thanks."

A question strikes my mind. "How did you guys get away from the simulator?"

"Avoiding Eric at all cost." Four informs me.

"Oh, well he just about killed me." I inform them.

"Never would have guessed."

"How did you know I was coming?"

"Tris, heard all of it. Where's Maylyn?" Four questions.

"I don't know, I think we were wrong."

"Or she is really good at adapting to her surroundings." Tris inputs. Oh god, I hope so.

"What is the plan?" I ask. I know these two enough to know they aren't hiding out here for long.

"Once they are outside of the compound we shut down the simulation. We think it is hooked up in the Erudite control room."

"Let's go." I say eagerly on.

Maylyn's POV-

I don't know how I am able to hide within the Dauntless members without being caught but I am doing a great job at it.

We are quickly approaching Abnegation and I gulp. We have to grab guns on our way out of the compound. On the inside I am freaking out. These are innocent people and we are blowing them up with bullets that will kill them and they did nothing to us. Maybe they were feeding the factionless, oh frickin well. We shouldn't be killing them for that. The sound of the hundreds of feet stomping in sync causes the Abnegation members to pour out of their homes. When they were outside, Eric shouts, "fire." Guns instantly shot off in every direction, I slyly pull off to the side and in between two Abnegation houses. Hopefully, Four and Tris can figure out that the simulator control panel is in the Dauntless compound, not Erudite. Why didn't I tell them that critical piece of information beforehand? I don't know, apparently I feel obligated not to help Dauntless members anymore. I can smash my head in right now. I guess it's my turn to save the day. I bolt quickly behind the Abnegation buildings. If I get caught, I'm dead. I slowly go building by building until I reach the end of the compound. This is the tricky part if there is anyone by the compound entrance, I'm screwed. I have to make sure it's clear to move on. I peek around the corner. It isn't clear.