Chapter 1: Wrath

Tears streaming down her face as she watched him beating up her father. She screamed for him to stop but all of her pleas fell on deaf ears.

- "Jungkook..." - She struggled uselessly against her restraints. - "Please don't... You're going to kill him..."

His fists didn't stop, if not became even more forceful.

- "I beg you..."

- "Beg?" - As Jungkook turned sharply and was met with her fearful eyes, the corner of his lips curled up into a mocking smirk. - "Did you beg him to stop when he burn down my HOME? Did you beg him to stop when he tortured me in his basement? DID YOU?"

Jungkook was right, she didn't. She was too afraid her father would do the same to her.

- "It... w..wasn't... He wouldn't have listened to me anyway..."

- "But when I told the officials about it, you LIED." - He cracked his knuckles. - "You LIED, to protect him."

She looked down as guilt and shame washed over her.

- "I..."

- "Enough. I'm sick of your excuses." - He coldly cut her off. - "Don't ever show your face in front of me ever again. Next time, I won't show any mercy."

And with that, Jungkook left the house. Leaving behind his agony and suffering.

----

Back then, Jungkook was a carefree kid. He didn't have any parent, but his teachers and friends were enough for him. They all lived peacefully in a small orphanage located far from the busy central district.

However, it all changed on that fateful day.

With his everything drowned in the sea of flames, Jungkook couldn't even bring himself to appreciate the fact that he somehow managed to be the only one miraculously survived. His insides felt hollow, like his heart was ripped out of his body. Soon after, a man decided to take him in. However, it wasn't an act out of kindness. Jungkook was treated like a disposable tool, one forced to deliver the illegal goods to the man's clients and serve as a punching bag whenever the man got upset. Not only that, Jungkook was also used as a test subject for his sadistic experiments in the basement, which was probably more physically and mentally scarring than anything a normal human being could ever have taken. Regardless, Jungkook endured. Not that he was immune to the pains, but because during those moments, he could at least feel something other than emptiness. It reminded him that he wasn't just a walking dead.

...That was until he found out the truth behind the fire incident ten years ago which took away the lives of his loved ones. Apparently, his tormentor was the bastard who had caused it. The proofs of his crimes were hidden inside the orphanage so the man disguised as a janitor to burn everything down and fled the scene, not caring how many innocent lives were sacrificed in the process.

The moment Jungkook knew, wrath completely took over his entire body. And before he could even stop to think, his fists already collided with the man's jaw. One after another, his punches were hard and relentless. He couldn't care less if his target had been beaten black and blue, covered in blood and bruises which made his face unrecognizable. In fact, Jungkook would have done much worse if it wasn't for the bastard's daughter who threw herself in front of him despite her feet and hands being bound tightly. While Jungkook resented the girl's cowardice, she was the only person that treated him like an actual human being during his stay. Since Jungkook hated being indebted to anyone, he did her a final favour.

He walked away.