Chapter 7: Company

For six nights straight, Sana went to the strip club since opening and remained there until closing hour. Everytime, she would only order some cheap mocktails, then sit at the bar. On the seventh, just when Sana was about to ask for another drink, a glass had already been placed right in front of her.

- "It's on the house." - The bartender offered with a bright and friendly smile.

- "Thank you." - Sana nodded her gratitude.

- "The name is Hoseok by the way." - The bartender introduced himself. - "I've seen you around quite often lately. Mind sharing what's on your mind?"

Sana looked down and chewed on her lips nervously, acting as if she was thinking something over. A few seconds passed before she finally decided to speak up.

- "Actually... I'm here to look for someone."

- "Oh?" - Hoseok leaned closer in interest. - "Does that person work here?"

- "Well... no. I'm just hoping to gather some information here..." - Her gaze lowered. - "My brother... He left home to become a fighter in an underground fight club. I hadn't heard from him since then..." - At this point, her voice was trembling. - "Our father just passed away recently, so he's the only family I have left... I need to find him... But he didn't tell me where the fight club he works at is..."

- "Wait... Did you mention an underground fight club?" - Hoseok suddenly had a flashback of a conversation he coincidentally overheard weeks ago. - "I think I might know something about that."

At his words, Sana instantly raised her head to look at him with a hopeful expression, silently asking Hoseok to continue.

- "There is this place called Coda Ring. From what I'm aware of. they have fighters battle every month for a grand prize. Lots of money are at stake, presumably because they got sponsors from the rich douches who enjoy watching people shed blood, sweat and tears. I wouldn't recommend going there on your own though. Those places are usually full of troubles."

That sounded like something Wrath would be drawn to. Sana has a strong inkling that Jungkook would be there, if not as a contestant himself then at least as a spectator.

- "Thank you so much for telling me this." - Sana bowed gratefully. - "Do you happen to know where Coda Ring is?"

- "Didn't you hear me clearly? It's too dangerous for a girl like you..." - He shook his head and sighed. - "Scratch that. I can see that you're determined to go there no matter what, eh? Well then, what do you say if I tag along?"

Sana was taken aback by Hoseok's suggestion. She couldn't help but got a little suspicious. Why would he go to such extent to help a complete stranger like her? Was there any ulterior motive? Or was he simply a kind and compassionate soul in nature?

Either way, Sana was willing to take the risk, if it meant she could find Jungkook faster.