Chapter 5: Away

After the conversation, Min Sana went back to her residence with a lot of thoughts plaguing her mind. The fact that there was a chance that Taehyung's fiancé saw her working at the coffee shop the other day was becoming increasingly unsettling. Since she knew how dangerous that girl actually was, she didn't want to risk anything. Thus, she made up her mind.

The following day, Min Sana asked to meet with the owner of the coffee shop to thank them for everything and told them she needed to leave. They were worried about the sudden news, but she assured them that there was nothing wrong, going as far as lying about moving in with one of her relatives so that they wouldn't be too concerned. After bidding goodbye to everyone, she bought a train ticket and travelled to another city. Luckily, she managed to save up enough money to temporary rent a place, even though it was a lot shabbier than the previous one she lived in. It was a shame that she had to leave the people she had grown to care for as friends, but at least this made her feel safer.

After having settled in, Min Sana quickly found a job at a convenience store right around the corner. The following month was peaceful... But then one day, just as she got back from her grocery shopping, she saw a group of tough looking men standing outside of her place. As fear filled her guts, Min Sana decided to quietly leave. Too bad for her, one of her grocery bags dropped and caused a loud noise which attracted their attention. Immediately, she ran as fast as she could. But pregnancy slowed down her speed significantly so she had barely made it to the nearby bridge before those men cornered her.

- "W...what do you want?"

- "We're here to take care of some unfinished business." - One of the men pointedly stared at her belly, making her anxiety increased tenfold.

- "You got the wrong person!" - She shouted. - "I have no business with any of you!"

- "Yes, but I know you have unfinished business with Mr Kim Taehyung, isn't that right Miss Min Sana?"

- "No!" - She vehemently denied. - "We don't talk anymore. I owe him nothing nor does he."

- "Oh? Then why were you so desperate to move? To the point of lying to the people who had been so kind and generous to you?" - He faked a sigh. - "How ungrateful!"

Her eyes widened. Why did he know about such details?

- "You... you were stalking me?"

- "I don't have to." - The man smirked. - "Your bosses... Why do you they accepted you so easily? You honestly thought someone would be stupid enough to let a person with such sketchy background to live under the same roof for such a low price?"

She froze. What he just said explained everything. How naive was her to even think that she could escape when it seemed like all she had been doing was falling right into an awaiting trap. Turned out, her bosses were sent by Taehyung's fiancé to spy on her, which meant they probably already knew about her meetings with Jimin. That, along with her sudden relocation, was probably enough for Taehyung's fiancé to conclude who the baby's father actually was. Trying to come up with any other excuse would just be futile. The only option was to escape, but she was already surrounded by those men.

Except... there was still one opening.

Thus, Min Sana wasted no time and jumped right off the bridge. It was a huge risk, but even a low chance of surviving was better than nothing. If she surrendered, one way or another, there was no doubt that they would harm her unborn.

"SPLASH!"

And there was black.