Chapter 2: Sana

- "Teleportation will starts in 5 minutes. Please remain in your seat."

- "Roger." - Sana calmly replied and closed her eyes. Her mind drifted to the upcoming mission. Her target was a male named Jeon Jungkook. Apparently, Wrath had chosen him as its vessel and in 1 years, the sin would be able to completely take control of his body. If that happens, the entire world will become a Living Hell. It was Sana's responsibility to stop that. She can't kill him though, as it'll release Wrath into the world and enable it to find another vessel. However, it would absorb the grudge which the dead vessel left behind and grow stronger quickly. The first few agents made that mistake, thus lessening the time Wrath needed from 100 years to 1 year. Therefore, Sana could not afford to mess this up or humankind would be doomed.

So how could the mission be completed then? Simple, destroying Wrath while it's still in the vessel. If the vessel can somehow completely get rid of his wrath, the sin itself would also disappear. But it is easier than done. Most people who had been chosen as Wrath's vessel so far were bloody murderous, full of hatred and anger for everyone and everything. She doubted it would be any different this time.

Sana opened her eyes to see herself in a shabby room full of trash. There was something wrapping around her head. Turned out it was a rope. And she was being hanged mid air.

'What luck...'

Sana would have let out a deep sigh, if it wasn't for the fact that she was finding it hard to breathe. She immediately scanned her surroundings to look for anything that might help her escape from this situation. Thankfully, there was a knife on the nearby table within reach, so she was able to use it to cut the rope.

After landing gracefully, Sana dusted off the dirt on her clothing. Everytime an agent like her had a mission on Earth, the system would assign them to the most compatible body of a person who just recently passed away, claiming it would be a more sustainable and convenient than creating a whole new vessel. Sana sat down on the floor and closed her eyes to concentrate on absorbing the memory left behind by the owner of this body. She needed to know as much as she could about this world before deciding on her course of action.

Coincidentally, the name of this girl was also Sana - Min Sana. What's more surprising was the fact that she actually knew Jeon Jungkook. She was the daughter of the man who "adopted" him. After her father's death, her life became even more miserable. As she couldn't pay the rent, Min Sana was kicked out. She had nowhere to go, so she had to sleep on the street and survive on what she found in the trash cans. Since her father had never even bothered to get her birth certificate nor any other identity documents, she couldn't apply for any job. She felt as if her existence was meaningless, without any hope and dream...

Then, she met him. In the middle of the darkness, she was able to find solace in the arms of a man named Kim Taehyung. He was everything she dreamed of. Her light. Her knight. He saved her from falling into the depths of despair.

Or so she thought.

Oh how naive and stupid she was for thinking that Taehyung would ever return her feelings. He was rich, handsome and charming - absolutely out of her league. But what made she fell for him was his gentle personality. He was the one who pulled her back when she was about to jump off the bridge. He was the one who helped her find a place to stay. Thanks to him, she was able to see how beautiful the world could be for the first time. She wanted to give herself a chance at a new life. She wanted to be good enough, so that she would be able to stand by his side.

It took a hard slap for her to realize that being with Taehyung was nothing but wishful thinking - a dream that would never come true. He had a girlfriend. They were in love. There was no place for her. When his girlfriend made it clear to her in front of everyone, it was as if her whole world had collapsed in front of her very eyes. She apologized and walked away, head hung low to hide the tears that wouldn't stop. She didn't want to go back to the place she had been living in for the past few months, as everything would just remind her of him. Ever since she moved there, Taehyung had been visiting her at least once a week, and they would do something enjoyable together. But he hadn't been contacting her at all for the past few weeks and now, she understood why.

Even if she was to give him her everything, it would never been enough, wouldn't it? She couldn't find it in herself to put any blame on him though. No matter what, she was grateful that he appeared in her life. He had been nothing but kind to her, and it was her own fault for yearning for something out of her reach.

Min Sana made a decision. Even though she couldn't repay Taehyung, the least she could do was not giving him any trouble. With that thought, she decided to wrote a goodbye letter to the man she loved. Even though they couldn't meet face to face for the last time, she wished him all the best from the bottom of her heart.

Min Sana travelled to another city. Just when she was about to return to her old way of life, she discovered that she was pregnant.