Chapter 2: the forest

Sorry for taking so long to update.
I don't own any of the pictures used.

Key:
"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Nonhuman talking/thinking'
(Something important)

3rd POV: (Forest, late afternoon)

As Dipper walked through the woods of Gravity Falls you could feel the energy in the air. The magical beings knew that it was around the time Dipper came back and they were all excited.

The first creatures he ran into on his walk were the fairies. When they saw Dipper they flew up to him give him as much of a hug as their small body could while yelling. "Star Child's back! Star Child's back!"

After Dipper got them to stop hugging him he asked them if they've seen anything odd in the forest since time he was here. "It's nice to see you guys to but I need to ask you about something. I felt something watching me and my sister when we were by the edge of the barrier and I know most of the Magical beings stay away from there. So I wanted to know if you guys have seen anything odd going on."

The fairies looked around at each other as they thought about what Star Child said. The fairy king and queen were the ones who spoke after a few minutes of silence. "There's been strange humans walk through the forest." The queen said the king continued. "They only come on nights of the new moon and full moon. There is also always one or two humans dressed differently than the rest of the group." Dipper has a bad feeling of where this is heading but let's the queen finish where her husband left off. "The rest of the group is always dressed in dark robes. They always head in the direction of the Cipher statue. Most of the others are still scared to go near that area of the woods. I'm sorry we couldn't be of more help Star Child."

Dipper shakes his head. "The information you gave me is more than enough especially with you limited knowledge on humans . It sounds like a cult of some kind though I'm worried about what they might be doing with Bill's statue especially since it sounds like you said they had sacrifices to whatever they worship. I'm going to check out the statue before I head home. I'll bring some sweets as thanks tomorrow." When Dipper said he'd bring sweet the fairies let out a cheer of happiness cause him to laugh.

"Bye Star Child! Come back soon with those human sweets!" The fairies called out to Dipper waving goodbye.

Dipper gives a wave goodbye and makes his way to Bill's statue. Halfway to the statue he Tripp's over something looking to what what caused him to fall he saw a face he hadn't seen in awhile. It was the gnome Jeff, "Jeff is that you? I haven't seen you in what? Two years? Are you still look for queen?"

Jeff looked as surprised as Dipper. "Oh hey Dipper, or should I call you Star Child like the rest of the forest?" Dipper shrugs showing that he doesn't care which one. "And no we've already got a queen we found her last year." Jeff proclaimed proudly.

Dipper was a little surprised when he heard that the gnomes found a queen. Then he grew worried about the queen when the memory of how they treated Mabel crossed his mind. Dipper grabs Jeff by his pointy hat and lifts him up so he can't run away. "Your queen, she married you all WILLINGLY right?" Dipper asks with a smile but you could the promise of a threat in his tone.

"Y-yes of course!" Jeff yells a little scared.

"Good then you won't mind me meeting her tomorrow after I'm done visiting the fairies." After Jeff agrees to bring Dipper to see their queen tomorrow. Dipper let's him go and continues on towards Bill's statue.

3rd POV: (Bill's statue, late afternoon)

When dipper got to the clearing with Bill's statue he was surprised by what he saw. There was no blood or bodies on the ground the cult must clean up after doing whatever it is they do here. Dipper turns to look at Bill's statue and his eyes widen. There were crack all over the statue. "Oh no that can't be good." He runs over to the statue and checks it over for anything else. Besides the cracks there was no other damage. "Where did these come from? It couldn't be from erosion could it? it's a magical statue I don't think it would erode. Could that cult be the cause? Are they trying to revive him? What am I saying they're a cult, they probably are. I should ask Ford what he thinks about the statue late." In the middle of talking to himself dipper looks up at the sky and sees its getting late. "Crap! I told Mable I'd be back for the party." Dipper then quickly makes his way back to the Mystery Shack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fairy king:

Fairy queen:

Fairy queen: