Chapter 3: dipper ditches the party after 5 min

Key:
"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Nonhuman talking"
Something important

3rd POV: (Road to the Mystery Shack, early evening)

Before Dipper went back to the Shack he decided to stop by the candy store in town to get the sweets for the fairies and to pick something up for Mabel as sorry for being late. He could've made the sweets with his magic but he still can't get the flavor just right and he didn't want Mabel mad at him for bad candy. Stuffing the large amount of sweets into his bag along with his journal Dipper started his walk home.

As Dipper made his way home he heard some kids he didn't recognize from town. "Come on! Keep going you almost hit it!" Said kid 1. "Shut up I'm try to focus!" Kid 2. "Give me the damn slingshot I can actually aim the thing." Kid 3. "Alright! You hit the  thing!" Kid 1. Dipper heard a pained cry as what they hit fell to the ground. "Crap! It's bleeding what do we do!" Kid 2. (Remember these are kids around like  10 they don't know better but they know how to curse apparently.)

Hearing the made Dipper even angrier. He quickly walks to where he thinks the kids are. "HEY! What do think you're doing!" Hearing the sudden yell cause the children to scatter and run off. Dipper let's them go in favor of treating the animal they hurt.

When he turns to look at the injured animal/creature. Dipper was surprised to find not one but three animals on he ground. It was a mother bat and her two pups. (pups are what baby bats are called)  Looking closely Dipper could tell they were flying fox bats a type of fruit bat.
The mother and one pup were the normal dark brown color and the other was a rare white.

Dipper quickly dug his journal out of his bag to look for a healing spell

Dipper quickly dug his journal out of his bag to look for a healing spell. "You poor things I'm here to help. I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner." The two young pups stared at Dipper as if understanding him. After he found one he quickly cast it on all three just to be safe. The spell had a soft glow to it to show it worked. But when Dipper  cast the spell on the mother bat it didn't work.

The pups seem to somehow understand what the lack of glowing meant as they let out small whimpers. Dipper picked up the to small pups and held them close. "I'm sorry i can't heal what already gone. I can't leave you two out here alone you're too young. I'm sure Mabel will help me after she sees how cute you two are."

Dipper then quickly stuffs his book back in his bag and swiftly makes his way home making sure to keep the two bat pups in his arms warm.

3rd POV: (Mystery Shack, early evening)

When Dipper got to the Shack he headed straight to his room calling out for Mabel to meet him in there. While he was waiting for Mabel he set up a temporary pile of blankets to keep the pups warm until he could set up something better.

After a few minutes Mabel walked in and saw the look on his face. "You picked up another animal didn't you." She said in more of a statement than a question. Dipper only nodded, "Well come on show me what random animal I'm helping you hide this time."  A smile growing on her face.