Chapter 7: Promise me

Pranpriya's POV

"I really enjoyed my day with daddy! She and Aunt Jennie gave the best birthday I could ever imagine, Mama." Our daughter happily told her mother.

"Really baby? I'm happy that you enjoyed. Did you already open my gift to you?" Ji Eun said while she's combing Ella's hair.

"Hah! I forgot. Wait mom. I'll get it in my room." Then she ran towards the door of our room.

"You did a great job, my wife." She said and sat on my lap and put her arms around my neck. I'm currently sitting on the bed.

"For my family's happiness, I'd do everything." I said and peck on her lips.

Then her phone rang. She got up on my lap and looked on the caller id and let out a low groan.

"Aish! Jisoo is so annoying." She said and walks out of the room to answer her phone.

"Daddy! Where's Mama?" Our daughter entered the room holding a medium sized pink box.

"She's talking to your Aunt Jisoo." I told her and patted the bed next to me.

"Let's see what's your mama gave you." I smiled.

"I'll unwrapped it when mama came back." She said reaching for the remote control.

"Daddy, can I watch frozen?" She asked with puppy eyes.

"How can I say no to my princess?" I hold her cheeks and pinched it.

"You're so cute baby. You can watch whenever you want." I kissed her forehead.

"Yey! Thank you daddy." She said excitedly and turned on the tv.

I stood and peeked outside, seeing Ji Eun still on the phone. I went near her.

"I know. Fine. I'll go there tomorrow. Aish! Stop with the aegyo. Okay okay! Goodnight care bear." She giggled. I slowly back hugged her and I felt her being tensed.

"I didn't know you have pet names with Jisoo." I tightened the hug. Seconds passed before she speaks.

"Ye-yeah. We do that when we're alone. You know... bffs." She stammered. Why was that? Is she hiding something from me?

No.

Ji Eun won't do that kind of thing. I know she loves her family and she will never do things that can ruin our family.

"Let's go to our room. Our daughter wants to open her gift if only you were there." I told her and hold her hand.

"Okay." We walked back to our room.

"Daddy! Daddy! Look." My daughter's energy never goes down. She jumped up and down on the bed.

"Honey, calm down." My wife said to her daughter. She sat down beside her mama.

I look at the screen where she is pointing her forefinger. It's the movie Ice Age, and it's on pause on where Sid is alone in the screen.

"Oh, what's with Sid?" I asked her. Then my wife laughed. Not just laugh, laugh like there's no tomorrow.

"Your twin." My wife said wiping away the tears due to her laughters in the corner of her eyes.

"You look like Sid Daddy." My daughter butted in.

"You two are bullying me!" I pouted.

"We're just telling the truth daddy." My daughter said.

"But I love you." She added and gave me a big hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

"I love the both of you too!" Ji Eun said and we shared a group hug.

After hugging my family, Ella opened her gift and she was so happy to receive a camera. I have the knowledge that my daughter was good at taking pictures and Ji Eun wants her to continue this talent and making this her hobby rather than scrolling on to her phone all day.

We slept together in the room and I woke up alone. I saw the clock strikes 9 in the morning so I got up. I walk downstairs and saw my beautiful wife standing beside the kitchen counter.

"I'll just grab some snacks before I'll go. Don't rush me. Aish! I need to say hi to my wife first. Yeah! I do miss you but--oh he-hey! Wifey, Goodmorning!" She sees me and held her phone away from her ears.

"I'll call you when I'm on my way. Don't be stubborn KIM JISOO." She said and ended the call.

"Goodmorning. Jisoo misses you alot." I told her and kissed her forehead.

"Uh, she's doing that just to make sure I'll come." She said and drank the glass of water near her. She looks tensed like last night. Why is my wife like this?

She's acting weird.

"What project are you on?" I asked. For the few years I knew them not hurrying things even if it's needed. They were all calm but they made it succeed as always.

"Some big endorsement, and they are planning on how to deal with the agency." She explained averting her eyes on me.

"And yeah. So I have to go now. I just wanted to make sure you're awake before I leave. The breakfast is there. Eat alot. And Jennie fetched Ella this morning to drop her to her school. And later on you picked her up after class, okay?" Ji Eun reminded me.

"I will. You take care. I love you." I said.

"I love you too." She kissed me on the cheek and grab her bag before exiting the house.

After eating, I watched some movies and it's already 3 in the afternoon. I took shower and wear a blue tshirt tucked in a high waisted blue denim jeans. I looked on my reflection.

"You're a handsome hot gal Manoban." I told myself and put a pair of white sneakers and went out. I saw a pair of cat eyes outside the door that made me stop from walking.

"Oh-I thought you forgot." She stated.

"So let's picked your daughter?" She asked smiling. I nod and we went to her car.

"Lisa." She mumbled my name. I hummed in response.

"Can you promise me something?" She glanced at me. I tilted my head.

"What?"

"Promise me that you won't let Ella be hurt. I really love her, and she's my precious little girl, my baby--I mean, she doesn't deserve to be hurt by anyone." She said with full of concern.

"I understand that. But yeah, she's my daughter and I assure you that I will protect her no matter what. I'll do my very best to not let anyone hurt my child." I said with my sincere heart.

"You're the best father slash mother." She said and smiled at me with teary eyes.

She's a softy, and it's cute. Jennie is really cute.