Chapter 16: Growing Feelings

Jennie's POV

"Daddy! Daddy! Listen to me, I'll tell you what I did in school today." Ella whined while nudging her daddy. But Lisa's attention was on her phone, she's playing again that trending mobile game. Since Ella and I came home, she's playing or I could say, she's avoiding me. She didn't even glance at me or even greet me, she just kissed Ella before she strode into her room to change clothes then this, keeping her eyes glued on her phone and her mouth shut.

Is it because of the almost kissing part earlier?

"Daddy! I hate you." Ella folded her arms below her chest and whimpered.

"Oh my god. My baby is so cute." Lisa instantly dropped her phone down and cupped the sulking Ella's cheeks.

"You don't love me." The little girl pouted.

"I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry. Daddy loves you very much." Lisa pampered Ella kisses until we heard the princess laughed and squeaks.

"Daddyy! It's tickling!" The cute little girl pushed her daddy away. It's a very beautiful view and my hearts swells because of them.

"Mommy Jen, why are you standing there? Come here, I wanna cuddle with the two of you." Lisa tensed a bit but held herself intact. I smiled and sat beside them, Ella's sitting on Lisa's lap but she transferred in my lap and put her feet in her Daddy's lap.

"When will Minguk come and play with us? I missed him." Ella leaned on my chest while playing with Lisa's fingers.

"I missed that kid too. Even though he's a little violent on me." The girl beside me let out a soft chuckle while caressing her daughter's feet.

"I want to teach him how to be a korean, he's like a foreigner on his own country." Ella mumbled.

"And teach her how to stop being violent with me." Her daddy continued. I bit my lip trying to suppress a soft laugh. Minguk made this two love him even he only spend time with them once.

"Since tomorrow's Saturday, I will let him come with me here." They both looked at me with a surprised face.

"Really Mommy?!" Ella excitedly jumped out of my lap. I nodded and she lunged over me and gave me a big hug.

"Yey! I have a playmate tomorrow."

"Is it okay with Junhoe?" Lisa carefully asked looking straight to my eyes. It made me happy that she's talking again with me and giving me that warm look I want since I arrived.

"Yes. He said that it's good to let Minguk stay away from my house for awhile because he's planning to renovate it."

"Are you and him will be living in together?" Lisa averted her eyes and what I saw in her was disappointment? Am I right? Or I just read her wrong?

"No, he only stay in to take care of Minguk of course, and my house is not a kid friendly so him being an interior designer, wanted everything that's best for my future family and take the action of renovating the house." I explained but she still looked not happy about it. Why? Does it reminds her of her broken family? Did I made her remember Ji Eun? Aish!

"So where Minguk will stay for awhile?" She asked buried her doe eyes in me again that made my heart skip a beat. What is happening with this heart of mine? It's mine but it literally beats for her? Insane!

"I still don't know honestly. Maybe I'll let him tag along with when I'm going to the set or the restaurant."

"You'll be exhausted. Knowing him, he likes to play and play and play. If you want, this house is open for him. I can take care of your son when you're on your work. And don't worry about the food, I'll ask Jackson to come and cook for us so he won't get the chance to taste my favorite burnt foods." She offered that a smile crept on my face, I love how she cares with me and my little man.