T W O

Vihani was sitting in the backyard of her home, the huge mansion, which spreads over a large area. She sighed looking at the enormous structure, which was less of a home more of a brick building. Why do people spend so much on a building , when it can't make you feel home at all. Her one room apartment in Mangalore was more lively and cozier than this posh building.

She took her eyes off from the building as she tucked her wet hair from shower, which made slight damp lines on her yellow kurti she was wearing along with white leggings. She had tried to get some sleep after her inevitable conversation with dad, and her tiredness turned into a jittery feeling, which didn't let her close her eyes , not even for a second.

So she was here, sitting in the backyard, which was covered with well tended grass and flower pots, Vihani tried to think about a way to get out of the mess that she was currently in.

The more she thought, the more anguish and abysses opened for her.
She struggled to find a way to get out of her troubles, but nothing came into her mind, except her dad's gruelling voice describing about his plan for a strategic business marriage for his one and only daughter.

'It's a time of need Vihani. Your brother is struggling with one of his main projects , which I was against from the beginning. But Varun was adamant about the whole organic farming and food processing for a better, healthy food supply in this country.'
Her dad shook his head in total disappointment, and Vihani bit her tongue to avoid voicing her opinion in this matter, when she was sure, that their ideology was different always and business was his one and only priority.

'You and your brother, both still believe in charity than business... just like your mother.'

The bitterness in his voice, undid her will to stay quiet, because he was basically raising his finger on her mom.

'Don't say that dad, I wasn't interested in your business ever, but Bhai always had shared that interest with you and mom always supported him in his choice.
I believe.. whatever Bhai chose to do with his project , shows that how committed he is. Don't say that he is not competent enough. Instead of saying how he disappointed you, you should support him dad. I know that you always have a plan to overcome the financial crisis. That's how you built your empire. I know that. '

Her voice was hoarse , her dad managed to work her up in few seconds and that scared her. She hated that he held that power over her till date.

Krishna Reddy smiled at her, he was waiting for his daughter to voice her opinion, so he could convince her to execute his plan. Vihani was an emotional person since she was a kid and he knew very well how to get her to talk.

His plans for Vihani and Reddy's industry is something he was looking forward to happen and it needs a quick execution too.

Varun's folly has landed them into a financial crisis and his deteriorated health is also going to raise questions among the share holders about how much trust and money they could invest in Reddy's. But he had been through such situations earlier too and this time Vihani was his trump card.
She hates her ruthless business minded dad but she loved her brother with everything in her and she will do anything for him and that's going to be his winning bid and he knew exactly what to do for that.

Vihani eyed her dad, whose posture told that he really has a plan for her and no matter what she was going to gave in.
' Vihani, my daughter, you are going to help your brother this time. I know you hate my plans but for now you are your brother's security. I want you to get married to a potential business man , so for the public and media it will be a prestigious marriage and following the wedding there will be a tie up with the company and there will be an influx of money too.
Varun and his new project will survive. There won't be any issues with the share holders too.'
He said with a grave look on his face.