T W E L V E

There is healing in
Creating emotional
Safety...

The air in the room was crisp and a bit chilly that Vinny covered her legs with the duvet.
They were back in the study after their midnight fooding session.

Vinny was still trying to wrap her head around the new information. Avi was the guy from the party long ago, that piece of information made a lot of things clear for her
His occasional references which made her feel that he knew her better, the conversations which hinted that they had this same kind of conversation in the past too, it all made sense suddenly.

Avi was the same guy from that night meant a lot of other things too. Vinny often thought why he had agreed to marry her. It wasn't for her dad's company, she knew that now for sure. He had tried to make it look like that, he was doing this for money and power when she questioned him in the past.

She knew him better now, and he wasn't obsessed with her family status or the security that came along with it.

Now that he had admitted that he had admired her for a long time, meant that he proposed the plan for her only.
His reason was her and that complicated the whole prospect of their wedding, which Vinny didn't want to accept... just yet.

She stared outside the window, it was dark outside, it was a quite night , the city was asleep out there. Except for the moon light spilling through the window and dim lights from the ceiling, the room was dark too.

She was brooding over her thoughts forgetting that Avi was there too.
When the silence fetched too far and she couldn't held her tongue anymore, Vinny made an effort to talk to him by prodding his shoulder who was sitting on the same couch with distant eyes.

' So you always knew that it's me... right?
Then why didn't you tell me Avi?
You had a lot of chances to tell me...why didn't you?' She blurted without any hesitation which was surrounding her a moment ago.

The room was dark, the dim lights made shadows on their faces , giving it an otherworldly effect, which made it difficult to read his expression but there was a shift in his features nonetheless.

' Because I knew that you don't remember me.. I was sure about it until you brought it out today' he turned slightly towards her but soon his eyes wandered towards the window again..and she sighed.

'How did you know that I don't remember you?. It's somewhat true that I don't have a clear memory of that day... as I said before...err...I was bit drunk, but if you had mentioned it , I might have remembered it too..'

' Yeah.. may be' he said and she scowled a little.

' Ugh.... don't give me this monosyllabic answers.. I want to know..' Vinny chided as she forced him to turn towards her with her hands.
Avi shook his head disdainfully, conceding how stubborn Vinny can be.

'We met after that New year evening too Vinny. Don't you remember that picture that I gave to the media which made a news that we were dating for the past two years..? It wasn't from my marketing team, It was from my personal collection..'

Vinny's eyes widened as her mind connected the dots.

' You came to meet me that day... right? And I didn't recognize you.
I was so distracted that day Avi, I don't even remember that I met you there until I saw that picture....' she stopped in mid sentence thinking why it didn't occur to her before.