T H I R T E E N

Piglet: "How do you spell 'love'?"
Pooh: "You don't spell it...you feel it."            -winnie-the-pooh

             The hot crispy dosai and coconut chutney served along with piping hot coffee, made the tension in the air loosen a little.

Avi and Aashi was silent making Vinny a bit nervous. Madhav was taking care of Amaya in the living room, while they had their breakfast.
Vinny eyed Aashi from the corner of her eyes, who was busy eating her dosai.

Aashi has every rights to be mad at her brother, Vinny agreed, but the silent treatment Avi was getting from his sister made her guilty.

It was all because of her, that they had to get married in a hurry in the first place..it wasn't Avi's fault.

Vinny scrunched her nose trying to think about a topic that would bring an interest in both brother and sister and they could talk.

' Where did you stay last night?' Vinny asked finally. It was a simple question but she got the attention of both the siblings in a second.

' We stayed in a hotel near airport.
Madhav has a medical conference to attend today. That's here in Kochi. So we made a plan to visit you guys too.
I am still mad at my brother, but it is so nice to meet you..
What should I call you?? Vadhina( sister in law) or just Vihani?
I guess we are of same age? '
Aashi smiled warmly.

Vinny sighed in relief thinking Aashi is not angry with her.
' You can call me Vinny...'

'Okay... then that's fixed...but I have a doubt. How did you end up with my stupid brother? He is so boring that his long time girlfriend gave up on him. I thought he would be a bachelor forever..' Aashi said as she finished her coffee.

' it's a long story Aashi...and the circumstances played a big part ' Vinny scoffed a little.

' Tell me everything in detail...' Aashi stood up holding her empty plate and mug.

' Okay...if you promise to tell everything about Mihika..' Vinny winked at Avi.
'Deal..' Aashi smiled brightly and Avi rolled his eyes.

' Hey both of you...I am still here in the room..' he looked at both of them who were smiling at each other.

' That doesn't matter Bhai. I already like her... She is interesting...unlike you. By the way I am still a little bit mad at you..this is  part your punishment' she stuck her tongue out and Vinny laughed.

' I need to change Aamy's s diaper and feed her. We could catch up while doing that and Madhav could have his breakfast..' Aashi called out as she walked towards the kitchen.

' Both of you are so much in sink that I am getting a vibe like you were meant to be best friends..'
Vinny nodded in response.

' Can't agree with more...' Vinny chimed in.

Avi chuckled in response. Aashi wasn't talking to him properly but she liked Vinny. He was happy about that. Aashi was his only family and she always had problems with Mihika in the past. So when she accepted Vinny right away, it was a positive sign that she approved his choice, even if it wasn't a real marriage, somewhere in his heart, he felt it real, as real as any relationship could be.