F O U R T E E N

You were you,
and I was I;
we were two
before our time.

I was yours
before I knew,
and you have always
been mine too.

Lang Leav , Love & misadventure.

                 Dinner was splendid with delicious food and a lots of laughter and cute giggles from Aamy who was enjoying the attention she was getting from everyone.

Vinny still felt that her cheeks are red as berries but nobody noticed that or they thought that it was because of the spicy food which made her look a bit like tomato ,at least she hoped so.

Except for the occasional glances from Avi, which caught her attention nonetheless, dinner was pretty normal.

Vinny enjoyed each and every dishes that were prepared by Lakshmi and Aashi ,who turned out to be a superb cook unlike both of them.
Aashi had a hard time with her bossy brother while cooking, who was making sure that the meal was healthy and suited for Vinny's taste.

' Don't irritate me Bhai, it's perfectly balanced food, protein rich and nutritious...' Aashi was running out of  patience with her brother.

' But I think that kadai chicken is spicy' he reasoned and got a glare from his little sister.

' That's Vinny's favourite dish and it's nothing like the bland food you make her eat. If you say one more word about the food, you will be sleeping with an empty stomach today ' she warned him and Avi had stepped out of the kitchen with a defeated face and Vinny laughed. Vinny has been enjoying their skirmishes from the moment Aashi arrived. It was a perfect entertainment for Vinny to see him like this.

        Vinny  relished her food , each and every bite of it. She had phulka, dal palak and kadai chicken which was a bit spicy that made her drink a lot of water, but it was tasty.
Vinny was totally satisfied with her dinner that she saluted Aashi before retiring to their bedroom.

' Which side do you want to sleep?' Vinny pulled her hair back and twisted it into a messy bun. All set for a good night sleep.

' I will sleep in the couch... don't worry about me ' he shrugged.

'That is going to be super uncomfortable. Hey I am being compassionate and caring wife here since you were very considerate' she said playfully.

' Since this is your room, you can pick.
Which side do you want to sleep?' Vinny studied him who was looking pretty unsure about the whole situation.

' Um....left side. If you are okay with it..' Avi wasn't sure about it but didn't want to show it.
They had had enough enough for the day and he was sleepy.

So it was quickly decided. Vinny claimed her side in a second. She was tired and sleepy , so before her thoughts get too complicated she fell asleep leaving Avi with his own confused thoughts.

    Avi woke up listening to some noise of crashing  of something from the room.
He quickly got up and switched on the light. It took him a few seconds to remember that Vinny was there in the room, who was standing on the other side of the bed , bewildered.
She turned towards him rattled.

' Oh.. Avi. I am so sorry... I was going to the washroom then I just forgot that it's not my room and washroom is not on this side, and this happened.'

she pointed towards the floor, where broken glass pieces of water jug and water was spread, which was placed on the side table before, now settled on the floor as pieces.