ONE

"The Funeral"

or

"Meeting some assholes"

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

The light rain pattered against the window. An anxious Vanya was staring out the window worryingly. Lizzie noticed her worry and went straight to trying to comfort her.

Lizzie carefully placed her hand on top of Vanya's and soothingly spoke, "Everything's going to be fine." She hoped that were true but she couldn't be to sure.

"How do you know? What if they hate me for what I wrote." Vanya's voice laced with worry and anxiety.

"I don't think they hate you for what you wrote, they despise the fact that you were the only one with enough balls to write something." She smiled slightly laughing at the last few words. "Besides if they give you hell, even though they have superpowers, I'll kick their asses. I promise." This statement caused Vanya to chuckle a little, letting go of some of her worry for a small moment.

"Thank you." Vanya softly smiled at her friend.

The taxi cab came to a stop in front of The Academy, Lizzie had never been inside of it but she cold tell that it wasn't a place Vanya wanted to be for very long. Lizzie paid the driver and gave him a tip making sure to thank him as she got out of the cab.

She closed the door behind her, she stared up at the building in awe at its towering stance, while the girl she was infatuated with gazed at the building in evocation.

When they walked in the front doors the house felt empty, ominous almost. Lizzie closely followed Vanya; she didn't have any clue on where else to be. As she followed Vanya she noticed that her eyes found a woman sitting by a portrait of a young boy, hanging above the fire place.

"Hey, Mom." Vanya softly said to the woman on the chair. She received no response, Lizzie looked back and forth between Vanya and who she assumed was Grace, Vanya's mom. "Mom?" She repeated wanting a response, but still not getting one.

Lizzie continued to stare at the painting, she vaguely recognized the face, though the version of the face she knew was much older. "Who's that?" Lizzie pointed towards the boys portrait, "In the painting." She finished looking to Vanya for a response.

"That's Five, Dad put that portrait up when he disappeared." Vanya said. Lizzie looked at the painting again. Five told her that he needed her help with the apocalypse and in time he'd return to stop it along with his siblings. She wondered how his siblings' reaction would be to seeing an old man claiming to be their brother appeared out of no where. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a woman walking down the staircase.