FOUR

"I disagree"

or

"No answers, more questions"

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋❋❋*˚┉┉┉┉✧

     "I survived on scraps."

     Lizzie was sitting on on the couch next to Vanya further away from the chair Five was sitting on. Five was telling Vanya about the apocalypse, while Lizzie was pretending all of this information was new to her.

     "Canned food, cockroaches, anything I could find." Five said with a pain filled chuckle. "You know that rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life? Well? it's total bullshit."

     "I can't even imagine." Vanya said as she was leaning forward to here her brother talk/

     "That must of been awful." Lizzie added in, to cover the fact she's heard the story before.

     "You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die." He said in a plain tone like it was all coming back to him. "So we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it."

     "We?" Vanya asked, confused about how someone else was in the apocalypse with him.

     Five ignored the question and held up his cup, "You got anything stronger?"

     A little while later Five had his stronger drink and Vanya was still trying to process exactly what had been said.

     "You think I'm crazy." Five said reacting to Vanya's expression.

     "No..." She stammered quickly, "It's just... it's a lot to take in."

     "Exactly what don't you understand?" An angered Five spoke.

     "Why didn't you just time travel back?" Vanya asked, to which Five scoffed.

      "Gee, wish I'd thought of that. Time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed." Five said. "You think I didn't try everything to get back to my family?"

     Lizzie wished she had a similar relationship with her family. Not the being trapped in the future and not being able to get back to them, though that was her predicament, she wanted to have a good enough relationship with her parents that she would do anything to save them. But now they're long dead, and it would be no use to time travel and save them.