YoonKook (Sad / With Happy ending)

I always saw him. He just stood there, looking at the sky. He never moved or said anything. I almost thought he was a statue when I've first seen him.
Everyday he would come to this garden, and everytime he would be holding a flower. He would wait there looking at the sky. Then after half an hour or so he would just leave, taking the flower with him.

I never understood why he came to this hospital's garden, or why he would bring a flower with him just to take it back with him. I couldn't see his face, he would always wear black clothes with a baseball cap and a mask.

Everyday I looked out of the window to see him, wondering if that they would be the day he would give up. But everytime he would come back with a flower in his hand. He sometimes chose bright colored flowers, but his usual choice would always be a red flower.

Today it was raining. I looked at the clock to see it was the time for this mysterious man to show up. I looked out the window to see if he would show up today as well. God, it's pouring outside. I didn't think he would show up...

But he did.

He show up again, with an red flower in his hand. He walked to the spot he usually stood at, which was a side bench that stood in an abandoned spot near a tree. He didn't try to hide from the rain, he just stood there the same way he did everyday.

When I saw that he didn't have an umbrella I immediately took mine and left my hospital room. I made my way to the elevator as fast as possible and after convincing my nurse I went out of the building. Luckily the rain slowed down enough for me to move easier. I felt anxious as I made my way towards him.

"U- uhm excuse me..?" I said with a small voice. I already regretted my decision, I don't even know this man and I just went out to help him?! Ughhh...

He turned to me with a suprised expression, when he saw me his eyes went wider.

"It's pouring today so... Please take this!" I said handing him the umbrella. He stood frozen, then he took the umbrella from my hand with his free one.

"Thank you." He said with an muffled voice. He spoke very quietly so I almost didn't catch what he said because of the rain.

"You're welcome." I said, louder than him but still quite since I felt a little shy. I turned aroun ready to leave him alone but he stopped me.

"What?" I asked but he just stayed silent and started to push me.

"I know how hard it is to move in a wheelchair in rain so please, allow me to help you or you'll get wet." He pushed me towards the hospital. It was quiet again. Just the sound of rain until I decided to speak. But he beated me to it.

"Why were you outside?" He asked with his calm, silk like voice. I looked at my lap not sure what to say.

"I- I saw you outside and decided to bring you an umbrella." I answered honestly. He stayed silent.

"Why do you always come here?" I asked when the curiosity hit me. He stopped moving, which made me panic. But I wanted to know so I continued.

"I always see you here when I look out the window. You always bring a flower with you, why do you come here everyday when everyone here wants to leave this place." I felt like I said a secret when I said the last part. Yes, I wanted to leave the hospital. But not because of the people in it but because of the memories I have in it.

"Well... uh..."

"Jungkook." I said. He nodded and started over.

"Well, Jungkook, I come here everyday for only one reason. I can't tell you this reason now, but maybe in the future you'll learn." I looked at him as he started to move me again. He just kept on looking forward. I looked at his hand and saw the flower he was still holding.