2

The following week at the training camp was incredibly boring, although there was the part where they found Icy Hot and that stupid Deku making out in the hot springs. That was hella funny, but the whole thing wasn't the same without Kirishima. But Bakugou knew if he was there right then it would be a lot worse than how it was without him.

After a total accumulation of sixteen unread voicemails and calls, thirty-two messages and even a snap to Kirishima, class 1A was back at the dorms and Bakugou was going straight to Kiri's room. "Kirishima? Open up, I know you're there... please, I just want to talk..." His normally smooth voice cracked as the guilt set in. The familiar shuffling came from behind the door, and it opened to reveal the redhead. His hair was down, and the blonde could see black roots setting in. There were dark circles under his eyes, and the wet patch on his cheeks was apparent once more.

"What the fuck do you want-" Bakugou cut him off by pulling him into a hug. "I know I'm not very good at this stuff... but I'm really sorry. I don't know what's going on with you, but I can tell you need help," he whispered into Kirishima's hoodie, and he could feel the others boy's hand pat his hair. "I- thank you... um, come in to... my humble abode," he moved aside to reveal his room, which was incredibly messier than usual.

There were tissues all over the bed, and clothes covered the floor. There was a picture frame in the floor, and the glass was shattered. Wait... I recognize that. That was the picture of us, we... we took it at the training camp.

"So... do you want to talk? I'm usually not very good at friend emotion things and stuff, but I can try," Bakugou cleared a patch of space on the messy bed, sitting down and patting a spot beside him. "Well... I keep getting these... dreams," Kirishima sat down, and his face scrunched up as he remembered the painful images.

"What... what are they about?" Bakugou could tell whatever it was, it was hurting his friend. "It's always the same ones... either at the training camp of Kamino Ward. The villains... instead of taking you they... they..." a sob racked his crumpled body, and he wiped his tears eyes before continuing. "They kill you, and I can't do anything... I feel so weak, like I couldn't even save you, my best friend, and what does that mean if I want to be a hero? What does that make me? It makes me a failure! I'm a fucking failure, I couldn't even stop them from getting you!"

"That's not true, Kiri-" Kirishima got up, tears streaming down his, face he was almost shouting then. "That's not even all of it! I have these dreams, where I reach out to grab you back at Kamino, and We don't make it and you fall! You fucking fall, and it's my fault! And everyone hates me, and I get expelled, and I never become a hero! And even though that didn't happen, if I get these dreams every time I don't save someone, what kind of hero does that make me? A failure?" He choked on his sobs, his body shaking violently as he fell into Bakugou, covering his face with his hands.

"Eijiro, you are the strongest, manliest, most incredible hero I have ever met, and you never failed me once. No matter how many times you have to save me, you always will... but I hope you don't have to, because that makes me seem weak!" He chuckled, and I moved to lay on my back, Kiri cuddled into Bakugou's chest.

"Since when did you start calling me by my first name?" He blushed lightly, avoiding his gaze. He wiped his eyes. "Sorry, is that not okay?" The blonde blushed lightly and sat up. "No, no! I like it..." he looked into matching eyes, and Bakugou could feel his face redden. It seemed like his deep ruby yes were piercing into the other boy's mind.

Bakuhoe pov

I could feel his breath on my face, and he moved closer, swinging his knee over so he was near straddling me. Our faces were inches apart, and I was painfully aware of the growing heat in my face. He leaned in, and our noses were almost touching. Shit, this is really gay.... I guess I'm gay now? Bakugou didn't really care. He would threaten anyone if they had a deal with it. Their breaths were in sync, their hearts beating in a continuous hum, and-

Kirishima's eyes went wide. His face was redder than his hair, and he fell backward off of me. "Fuck! I'm so sorry, I don't know what I was thinking!" My face was red now, and I was suddenly really aware of what just happened. Shit. I really need to talk to Mina now... "No! Sorry, my fault! Can we uh... pretend that didn't happen?" He rubbed the back of his neck. "Y-yeah! Definitely!" Kirishima agreed, leaning back forward. Even though I didn't want anything to change, I could feel my stomach sink.

"Uh, Mario Kart?" Kirishima held up the controller, that stupid grin back on his face.

"Yeah. Yeah, Mario Kart."