18

Book One | Who Knew

Clay POV

The Present - A Few Months Before The Rape

Holy shit, that just happened!

...

"So how you gonna get home?" Dre asked laying on his bed.

"Uhm, I got a ride" I said putting on my T-shirt.

"A Friend?"

"Nah, I called a Lyft" I said looking at my phone. "I think it should be here by now"

"Oh, aight" He said getting out of bed. "I guess I should put on T-shirt and walk you out then"

"Yeah..." I grabbed all my things as he was getting dressed then we walked to the front door.

"You okay?" He asked looking concerned. "You haven't really said much since after we...you know" he said nodding in thin air to hint at the fact that we had sex. Lmao

"Uhm, nah-yeah, I'm good-that was nice" I said then gently letting out a reassuring smile.

"Mhm aight....just nice?" He seemed disappointed but I could tell he was just teasing.

"Fuck you. You know what I mean" I said nudging him to the side and giggling a bit. We both then started giggling at each other but then we were quickly interrupted by a car which pulled over to the front of the house then hooted at us. "Guess that's my Lyft"

"Check the plate to be sure"

*giggling* "Yeah don't stress its the right one" I said taking a step away from Dre and closer to it. "Eyo Dre..."

"Yeah?"

"I had fun today" I said giving him a smile.

"Sure you did" he smiled back. "See you tomorrow Clay" he then blew a kiss at me and winked which then made the Lyft driver flinch a bit when he noticed. His expression towards me then changed as if he was disgusted by us. He was clearly homophobic cause he didn't say a word to me after that.

We drove off and the whole ride to my place was dead silent but not for me since I had my headsets on the entire time. They help me process, and trust me, I needed to do a lot of that right now. So I just stared out the window the whole time admiring the night-sky whilst listening to who knew by Chloe x Halle. I absolutely love the song.

As soon as I got home I got in the house and shot straight for my room cause I was a bit tired and yet I felt so restless so I just laid there on my bed thinking about everything that just happened.

Whoa.

So Dre and I! I thought he was straight though.

I mean was he just trying to experiment or what...

Like what the fuck! We have to discuss this shit ASAP!

My thoughts were then interrupted by my phone ringing so I picked it up and noticed Daddy was calling. (Not daddy-daddy but daddy-dzaddy)