HOLD

HOLD

Michael

When Michael got bored, he made fun of Luke.

"You're lame."

"Okay."

"You're so boring."

"Thanks."

"You make huge messes in the shower."

"You told me twice this morning."

"Yeah, well, I almost died. Multiple times. What did you do, paint the shower with conditioner? It was slippery as hell," Michael said.

The side of Luke's mouth quirked up. "I don't think hell is slippery."

"Shut up."

"Nah."

"Hey, boys."

Luke and Michael stopped bickering and looked over to the door. A tall girl was standing in the doorway, her blonde hair wet, leaving stains on her dark long-sleeved shirt. Her light brown eyes flickered between Luke and Michael.

Michael sat up on his bed, ruffling his damp hair. "Hay is for horses," he said.

The girl rolled her eyes. "Wow, how original. I bet you get all the ladies by commenting on their manners," she said.

"Would you like some ice for that burn?" Luke muttered under his breath, gleeful.

Michael flipped him off before turning back to the girl. "Whatever, blondie. What do you want?"

"To stop putting my life at risk when I wash my hair," she said. "The shower is a hazard. I slipped so many times. You were the last person using that shower," she said, addressing Michael.

Michael turned to Luke. "See! I told you your showering habits are dangerous!"

"Co-ed showers?" Luke yelped, looking at the girl with wide eyes.

The girl looked between them, momentarily confused, before saying, "Look, whoever is the one making the shower slippery needs to stop. We're all damaged already; no need to add to the wounds," she said.

"Deep," Michael commented, raising an eyebrow.

"Co-ed showers," Luke whispered to himself, scandalized, shaking his head slowly. "Co-ed showers. Is that even legal?"

Michael looked at the blonde girl. "Sorry that you almost died, blondie. I'll get Luke to take neater showers."

The girl grit her teeth. "I'm not blondie, I've got a name."

"Yeah, but you never gave it to me, so what else am I supposed to call you? I don't suppose you'd appreciate any of the other nicknames I could have picked." Michael smirked.

"Whatever, ginger."

"My hair isn't even ginger!"

The girl held her hands up. "Whoa, sorry for getting the shade of your hair wrong," she said, in a mock apologetic tone. "My deepest apologies."

"I like her," Luke decided.

Michael rolled his eyes. "Whatever, blondie-"

"Clover."

"Yeah, I really don't care," he said. "Just yell at Luke for taking hurricane showers and then get out."

"I've already talked to you both, idiot."

Michael glared at her. "I'm not an idiot!"

She smirked at him. "You never gave me your name, what else am I supposed to call you?" she asked with faux innocence, mimicking him.