GERMINATE

GERMINATE

Ashton

Ashton had no idea what to do.

He sat curled up in the corner of his bad, staring at Niall with wide eyes. "Niall," he breathed.

Niall sat on the edge of the mattress, Ashton flinching when the bed shifted. "I missed you."

Ashton couldn't speak. He just stared at him with wide eyes.

"You missed me, too," Niall said, looking down and tracing the blanket with his finger for a moment before looking up at him. "You did miss me, right?"

Ashton looked around nervously and licked his lips. "I, uh-"

Niall's expression darkened. "Ashton?"

"I missed you," Ashton whispered, terrified. "So much."

Niall's eyes narrowed in suspicion, but he let it slide. "Met Lou, then, did ya?"

Ashton had to remind himself that Niall only knew about Louis because Ashton himself did. "Yeah," he said, fighting to keep his voice steady. "Interesting character."

"Possessive," Niall commented.

"Yeah, that, I guess."

Niall sighed. "You don't want me here with you, do you?"

Ashton shook his head. "No, no, not really."

Niall's frown deepened. "This is why I never wanted to leave," he murmured. "If I left, you'd never want me back."

Ashton just wanted to know how he could get him the hell away.

The door suddenly opened, and Niall jumped off the bed and went to stand in the corner of the room opposite of Ashton.

A nice lady with bright red hair walked in. "Here's your medicine, Ashton," she said, bringing in a tray with a glass of water and the allotted number of pills.

"I dare you to take it," Niall growled from the corner.

Ashton's breath hitched in his throat and he stared at Niall with a horrified expression. "I-"

The lady followed his gaze. "Ashton? Is everything alright?"

Ashton couldn't read his eyes away from Niall's. "Fine," he choked.

"Take it. Get rid of me. Make me pissed off. I'll be killing you next time I come back," he threatened.

The lady started to leave, and Niall started to advance.

"Wait!" Ashton squeaked, and both Niall and the red-head stopped.

"Yes?"

"Can you, can you stay until the medicine works?" Ashton asked, swiping the pills and downing them with the water.

Confused, the lady nodded, standing near him.

He clutched the sides of the table tightly, panting and watching Niall in the corner.

"You'll regret this," he said, his voice deathly calm.

Ashton shook his head. "I don't think so," he whispered.

Niall glared at him, furious.

"Ashton?"

Ashton turned to look at the lady. "Yeah?" he asked.

She picked up the tray. "Is everything alright?"

Ashton glanced back at the corner. Niall was gone for now. "For now," he replied.