RESOLVE

RESOLVE

Luke

Luke wasn't sure who he hated more.

He hated himself, because he couldn't stop thinking about Michael and he was starting to confuse himself. He wasn't even sure how he felt anymore.

He hated Michael, because even though Michael could be sweet, he was also an asshole.

He hated Calum, because Michael had started hanging out with Calum a lot more after he started ignoring Luke again.

The one person he couldn't hate was Clover. She'd kept him from making some bad decisions.

He was sitting in her room at the moment, sitting on the empty bed against the wall, scribbling in his notebook.

"What do you write in there?" Clover asked, and Luke looked up to find her looking at him with interest.

He shrugged, rubbing his nose subconsciously. "Stuff."

"Very focused stuff," she commented. "Like what?"

"Like, uh, song lyrics?"

"Shut up, that's so cool. Do I get to see?"

"No!" Luke yelped, slamming the notebook shut and nestling it between the mattress and wall, even though she was across the room. "Never."

"Damn, okay, I was just asking," Clover said, sitting next to him on the bed, subtly trying to check his wrists.

Sighing, Luke pushed his bracelets out of the way. "Nothing, I promise," he said.

She looked up at him with sad eyes. "Please don't."

"I haven't yet," he said uneasily, trying to avoid a promise.

Clover didn't let it slide past her. "Please, Luke, don't do it," she begged in a whisper. "It's not worth it. It's not a one time thing. Once you start, it's hard to stop. Don't get into it."

"I won't."

She looked incredibly relieved. "Have you talked to him at all?"

"Ha," Luke scoffed. "If I could make eye contact with him for more than half a second, maybe."

She sighed, and then continued, "I was wondering if you'd do me a favor?"

Luke raised an eyebrow. "A favor?"

She nodded. "Just... you write songs, right?"

Luke leaned away from her. "I told you I'm not going to-"

"I don't want you to show me, at least, not right now. I was wondering if you'd write a song for me."

Luke's mouth dropped open. "For you?"

"Well, not for me, exactly. For Ashton. Hazelle said we all had a visitation date coming up, and I think it'd be really cool if you could write him a song, and maybe perform it?"

"Write one? Maybe. Sing it? Definitely not," Luke said firmly, shaking his head.

"Oh come on, Luke, you're a good singer!"

Luke stiffened. "Says who?"

Clover dropped her eyes guiltily. "Michael," she mumbled, fiddling with her fingers.

Luke gnawed on his lip, his tongue messing with his lip ring. "Right."

"Please?" Clover asked.

Luke sighed and looked up at the ceiling. "Maybe. I'll think about it."