Chapter 29

Back to life! That's how Clytia felt. Every little detail of her life seemed to be perfectly aligned. She was so grateful for the family she had and her man. She was thriving personally and professionally. Nolam was supposed to go back to LA, then NY to promote one of his movies, in a few days. His friend Jo was with them and was supposed to spend some times with Clytia after his departure.

Clytia would go to work and come back to Jo and her husband playing games, or working on a script or working out. The chemistry between those two was undeniable. However, whenever she was around, Jo would stay by her side. She was playful and fun. She had a mischievous streak to her, which people would usually find charming, but occasionally annoying.

This was how she felt at the moment: annoyed. Jo had turned their hiking program into a photoshoot session for her Instagram. She would switch between live streaming and photos. Clytia didn't like it. She had been seated on a log for the last twenty-five minutes as her "friend" was live with her fans.

"Hey, beauty! Care to join me for a souvenir?" She asked with a smile, making Clytia rolled her eyes at her.

"Are you done with your video?" she answered as she was getting up and walk to stand besides Jo.

Jo put her arm around her friend's shoulder, smiling down at her, mischief in her eyes.

"Smile", she instructed, positioning her phone.

Clytia didn't see what was coming. Jo kissed her on her lips and jump few steps back, laughing out loud. Clytia was speechless. She looked at Jo, who turned to the camera and said.

"Here beautiful people, you just met my other half. We have to go back now. So thank you all for your support."

"What is wrong with you Jo?" She asked once the other one had turned down her phone.

"Chill girl!" she replied dismissively.

"Chill! You do realize that you kissed a married woman on the lips, on live stream!"

"It was just for fun. There is no fire!"

"No fire! What about the comment on your other half? That was stupid! I have to call Nolam to see how his team can control the damage. Do you imagine what people will think when they know I am married to one of your closest friend?! That was stupid!"

"I love you Titi"

"Can't you be serious a little?" she replied as she took her phone out and was about to call her husband.

"I am serious Titi. I am in love with you. I know it comes out of nowhere but I've had the biggest crush on you from the day we've met. And the more we get to know each other, the more I fall for you."

Clytia looked at the woman standing in front of her, her jaws opened, her eyes widened by the surprise. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"This is not funny Jo!"

"It is not supposed to be Titi. I" she began as she walked to Clytia, "love you."

Clytia took a step back to widen the space between them. "Don't say that!" she said, her head shaking.

"Why not!" She threw her hands in the air. "I have been fighting my feeling for you for so long now."

"Stop it Jo!!"

"Why? I am not good enough for you?"

"Do you hear yourself talking?" interjected Clytia.

"Give me one reason Titi. Just one. And don't go with the being straight bullshit! I've seen the way you look at me when you think no one is looking. I know you're attracted to me. Don't you feel that connection we have?"

Jo seemed genuinely pissed. Her brows were frowned as she closed the gap between them and grab Clytia by her shoulder.

Clytia pushed her. "Let go of me Jo! You're being delusional. I am married, to someone you call your friend, for God' sake."

She sighed as turned around and ran her hands in her hair. This was not how she had pictured her day. It was supposed to be a fun and relaxing day with a friend. What was she supposed to do? Jo was Nolam's friend and she thought hers too. She was around them a lot. Clytia liked her but not romantically. The last thing she wanted right now was to hurt her feeling, even though the whole thing made her uncomfortable.

She spun one more time to face Jo and started on a composed tone.

"Jo, I'm sorry if by any of my actions I gave you the impression of being attracted to you. But that is not the case. I really value our friendship and I don't want to lose you. However, you have to understand that I am in love with Nolam."

"Do not do this to me Titi." Implored Jo, her eyes watery. "Just let me show you how good it can be. You don't have to leave Nolam, if that's what's bothering you! I mean I don't mind sharing you with him as long as I can have you. We could give it a try when he'll leave for LA, since we'll be by ourselves here. Please, just don't push me away." She rambled as she got closer one more time.

She caressed Clytia's arm before holding her hand tugging on it. "Let me show something, and after that you can make your decision."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. We should head back." Clytia tried unsuccessfully to release her arm from Jo's grip. "Jo!"

"I promise Titi, I won't do anything to you. I just want to show you something. Not too far from here."

Clytia saw the determination in her eyes. They were already in the midst of the forest. Better get over with everything before going back. She took a deep breath before nodding her agreement.