HYUNJIN'S POV

I let out a sigh as I stared at my blank ceiling, my mind running wild. Tomorrow was my 18th birthday. Although I was tired and ready to fall asleep at any moment, I had to stay awake to be able to see the streak form in my hair. 

Being the eldest sibling, I didn't know what it looked like as it was forming. So I really wanted to experience it when it happened. 

"Jin-ah," Yeji said with a smile as she poked her head into my doorway, "Are you ready? It's almost midnight." We had made an agreement that she didn't have to use honorifics as we were only a few minutes apart in age - we are twins, after all. 

I nodded, sitting myself up and getting out of my bed. We walked into the living room where we had brought the mirror from the bathroom into, so my family could see it happening too. My mother and father were sat on the couch as they watched some show - BTS Run, I think - and my other two siblings - my brother, Hyunseol, and my sister, Yena - bickered about whether my soulmate was going to be a boy or a girl.

With me being openly Bisexual, that was something we'd all thought about a few times.

As I checked the clock and saw it read 11:59 PM, I quickly sat down in front of the mirror while Yeji grabbed everyone's attention. They all looked at me— well, my reflection. My alarm went off. It was midnight. 

At first, there was nothing. But then I saw it. A tiny speck of purple forming in the root of the far left section of my bangs. 

Slowly, it spread. As if it were a drop of purple watercolour paint in a pallet of water. And, as it covered every inch of that section, it was as if I was born with it. You would have never been able to tell that it wasn't natural if you didn't know any better.

What caught my attention was that it was pastel. There were more pink undertones than blue, which gave me the vibe that it is someone who is soft and sweet. "Woah..." I heard Yena whisper under her breath.

In the mirror, I could see the reflection of my family's faces. Each and every one of them was wide-eyed. Even I was shocked. 

"Wow...so, they like purple, huh?" Hyunseol muttered, not taking his eyes off of the newly coloured streak of hair on my head. I understood why. I hadn't expected it to be that. Yeji then began to say something but I wasn't paying attention.

I was too busy listening to the song that was beginning to play in my head. It was vaguely familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I tried to listen, but Yeji grabbed my attention. "Jin-ah. What do you think? Are they a girl or a-"

"Shh." I shushed her, covering my ears. "I can hear a song. It's a song stuck in my head."

My family gasped, instantly murmuring among themselves about it. But I ignored them. I wanted to listen. I needed to. And then, I heard it. 

"Just shoot me, BANG. BANG. Your bullet, bullet, bullet." I could recognise that song anywhere. After all, I'm an avid Day6 fan. I smiled, uncovering my ears. 

"Whoever they are, at least I know that they have good taste."

a/n; whoop whoop the hwang twins are back