Chapter 14

( this is a very branch centered chapter. if you hate Branch, you should skip this chapter and HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE HIM

You asked for heartbreak, I'll give you heartbreak.

Also- lots of songs in this chapter. Only unhappy with one dong choice. Keep lookout for an original song ;)

also I'm sorry this sucks so much- it's cringy- probably too dramatic- and dumb-)

Branch walked through the forest, staring at the ground as he cried, trying to hold the tears back, but he failed. "I was so stupid to ask her that..."

He kicked a pebble into some random water. "Mom was right.. no one will ever love me as much as I love them, especially someone that's not a rock troll."

There, he finally said it. He was part rock troll. His mother was a rock troll, his father and grandmother were pop trolls. His father brought him to Rosiepuff, because his mother was abusive at times.

He was the only troll besides King Peppy that knew about the other tribes of trolls. He just hated thinking about it. He wasn't gray because of his paranoid personality still, it was just his rock side.

( Haha, I've been waiting fourteen chapters to finally add this. )

"Why did I think she'd say yes?" Branch looked down at the ring. (He had that, right? Well, if he didn't he has it now magically.)

"I gotta walk away and leave it all behind
Cannot be more than friends so I guess this is my goodbye
A silly dream that died..
I wish that I could change, the way I feel inside
But we're two worlds apart and we cannot deny this time,
It's time to.."

He picked up a poppy flower and locked his eyes on it.

"Wipe the tears and walk away
Head up high, I cannot stay
I cannot breathe, the pains too deep.."

He shredded the flower into small bits, not helping him get over her any better.

"I must go, turn away
Just like day and night, we are not the same.."

He took the ring and tossed it into a lake.

"Goodbye, to all of us
Goodbye, dreams turned to dust
Goodbye, my Queen, my friend
Could this really be-?"

"BRANCH! BRANCH! BRANCH! BRANCH! BRANCH!"

Branch shrieked and casually sat on a rock like he wasn't just singing out his emotions and crying. "Yes?"

Biggie, Hickory, Pennywhistle, and Trollex came running towards him, out of breath.

Trollex and Pennywhistle obviously weren't running because they don't have legs, but you get the point.

Hickory took a deep breath then explained, "Barb just got Poppy! She's taking her to Volcano Rock City!"

"Then why aren't you going to rescue her? I'm sure she would rather be rescued by her friends than by me." Branch looked away from them, feeling himself tear up again.

"Because we're cowards." Trollex said, sounding proud for some reason.

Biggie elbowed him. "That's what I said to not say."

"Oh." Trollex hid in the bucket.

"And she would want to be rescued by you. Maybe it's not ideal for you to rescue her, but at least she'll be safe." Pennywhistle grinned.