Chapter 18

"Queen Barb!" Delta galloped across the stage towards Barb, attempting to attack the rock queen.

Barb sighed and aimed her guitar at the country mayor, strumming it, quickly turning Delta into a complete rock troll.

Delta's hair quickly turned dark purple, and her clothes turned navy blue. She stopped where she was, and looked just as bored as rock Poppy and Branch did.

Hickory swung his lasso around the cage's chain on the stage, and quickly caught Poppy before she touched the lava. "You alright ma'am?"

Poppy rubbed her head and hugged Hickory, extremely grateful to be alive. "Ye- wait, what about Branch? He's still up there!"

She hopped up and climbed the rope, getting back up on the stage, somehow not being noticed by Barb and Delta.

Delta looked at Branch, who was just sitting there, innocently smiling. "What are we doing with him?"

"We could send him back to my dad." Barb suggested, looking backstage, smirking.

"Why do you care so much about following your dad's dream?" Branch tilted his head, "Isn't he able to do this himself?"

"He has persistiosis, sometimes he has the ability to move like a younger troll, sometimes he doesn't and he can't move at all." Barb explained, "Now go!"

( I don't think that's a real disease.)

Branch turned to go, but Poppy jumped out and stopped him, "Barb, for the last time, we can live in harmony! We can make things work!"

Branch looked at her, then at Barb and Delta, neither seemed moved by her repeated sentence, "Poppy..."

"Yeah?" Poppy tilted her head, wondering why he looked so sad.

"This might be one of those.. 'bad things happen and there's nothing you can do about it' situations," He whispered to her, staring at the ground, losing his confidence.

"No, I'm going to find a way to fix this!" Poppy lifted his chin up and stood on front of Barb, spreading her arms out, then pulled her into a warm hug.

Barb tried to push her off, but Poppy had a super tight grip, "Get off!"

"No." Poppy smiled and kept hugging her, then pulled Branch in. "Hugs make everyone feel better."

Thrash came out, cracking his back, seeing the horrifying sight of his daughter in a hug. "Barb-ie? What are you doing? What are Poopy and Ranch doing hugging you?"

Poppy looked offended, "Excuse-"

"It's nothing, dad." Barb scoffed, "What does it matter? It's not like the strings can magically fix th-themselves."

"No acts of kindness, we only spread negativity around here." Thrash stated, then made his way to the crowd, only to magically teleport back there later.

Branch glanced over at Poppy, smirking, and held her hand. "But the smallest kind things can give you so much more than a minor rude thing."

Some members from other tribes came up on the stage, all walking around of Barb. Quincy, Essence, D, Cooper, Trollzart, Pennywhistle, Trollex, Mermaid, Hickory, Dickory, Riff, Tresillo, and the k-pop Trolls all smiled at Barb.

"What's happening? This isn't supposed to happen-" Barb backed into Legsly, who gave her a leg hug.

"Our differences from the past shouldn't affect what happens now. Every tribe we've visited, has seemed really friendly. We're all different now!" Poppy kept a tight grip on Branch's hand, grinning wide at him.

"We've been able to admire trolls from other tribes," Duri giggled, then held Branch's other hand, demanding the other k-pop trolls to come towards her.

"Feel a strong connection with them," Tresillo held Hana's hand.

"Feel safer with them," Trollzart held Tresillo's hand, and allowed Pennywhistle to stick out of his hair.

"Know we can trust them to help when it's needed," Hickory held Delta's hand, and his brother's, joining the chain next to Trollzart. He was a little surprised that Delta didn't pull away or anything, she just stared at him, just as surprised.

"You can explore and leave your comfort zone with them," Trollex wobbled next to Delta and held her hand, and Mermaid's.

"But we'd have to reunite." Quincy looked at Cooper, and added to the circle of tribes.

Riff held Barb's hand and made her hold Poppy's hand, "Please!"

Some shrieks came from the crowd, as a purple troll pushed through, rushing to the stage, "Didn't mean to be late to the party! Never got an invitation!"

Everyone groaned. It was Chaz.

He squeezed between Hickory and Dickory and held their hands. "Resume saving the world."

Everyone's hands started to glow a bit, most noticeably Poppy and Branch's.

The tribe's hands changed to the color of their strings, except for Poppy and Branch's. They glowed to the color's of their skin.

The broken strings all floated up, and twirled around Poppy, lifting her up in the air. "What the hair?"

The country string pushed Branch in to the air with her, "Hey!"

Poppy's dress became a rainbow shirt, a yellow fluffy jacket, and pink leggings. She now had a rainbow flower crown, and the black streaks in her hair became multiple colors.

The classical string dragged Barb up, and made her hair rainbow colored, "Seriously?"

Branch simply lost his rock troll look and got his vest back. "That's not fair-"

Poppy laughed and made her way towards him, both still up in the air by the clouds of sparkles.

They held their hands out like they did in True Colors and pressed their hands together, making a huge glitter explosion burst around them.

"OH GOD NO-" Thrash shrieked and shook Barb, "WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING HERE AND LETTING THEM GET RID OF YOUR HARD WORK?"

"My hard work? This was both of us' problem we caused. It was selfish and they've been right all along, the tribes can get along, as long as we have faith in them. Here-" Barb held her arms out and gave her first hug, to her fed up father.

Thrash looked at her weirdly, and glanced back up at Poppy and Branch.

Poppy and Branch floated back to the ground and looked at the sky, where pink and blue was sprawling across the sky, across the entire country, restoring everything that had been destroyed and changing some things up.

All the cities were connected to each other, different parts of some places were also thrown in to other places. Either magic isn't perfect or magic knew that the tribes were getting along now. Smart magic.

"Cheesy." Hickory and Dickory tipped their hats and looked at Delta.

Delta looked at Hickory, still holding his hand. They felt a positive feeling for each other for other, for the first time in forever.

( FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER- I'M GETTING WHAT I'M DREAMING OF- )

Riff hopped on top of Barb and Thrash, hugging them from the top. "This feels good."

As everything seemed to be perfectly happy and back to almost normal, the ground around the stage started shaking.

"Now what?" Branch groaned and looked back.

Classical trolls poured out from the sides of the stage and piled on top of nearly everyone, with Tiny on top, surfing on one of their bodies.

"Yo, what did we miss?" Tiny hopped down onto Poppy's head, "Nice makeover, girl."

Branch sighed and took out his scrapbook, ready to sum everyone up.

( so next chapter is it.. the end... book over... )