Chapter 10: Resonance

I am so fucking sorry for the long wait, guys. I promise I'm still into the story and I care about all of my readers. I hope this chapter doesn't disappoint y'all. Love you~

The grandfather clock chimed from across the room, its pendulum swinging inside of the glass case. Illumi stood in the kitchen on the phone and although you tried, you couldn't hear what he was saying. A collection of small Nen bubbles were at a stand-still throughout the room as you pushed your aura around. 

Illumi returned from his call and pulled you up from your seat. 

"You need to leave. Now."

"Why?" 

"Your friends are on their way to the estate, and I'm afraid I have some... 'Company' coming."

"Company?"

"It doesn't concern you."

Illumi gripped your wrist harshly and dragged you towards the door, his nails digging into your skin, on the verge of drawing blood. You stared up at him, watching his dark hair swirl around his cold eyes. 

"Illumi, please," you ripped your arm away from him, "I can walk on my own. If you wanted to get rid of me that badly, you could've told me that you needed to take care of business."

Illumi stared down at you. His body language told you that you wouldn't be getting a response.

"Call me if you need to contact me. I guess I should go to help the boys."

You turned away from him and opened the front door with purpose, listening to the sound of the surrounding forest. Illumi gasped and shut the door quickly, pulling you back inside. 

"Illumi? Where's Gotoh?" you could hear Killua down the hall.

"Fuck." 

"Illumi?" you whispered up at him. 

"Y/N?" Killua had reached the bottom of the stairs and was staring at you.

"Hey, Killua. Gon, Leorio, and Kurapika are on their way here. We're here to take you with us."

"Illumi? What are you doing with Y/N?" Killua's face hardened.

"I was hoping she would leave. Mother won't be happy to hear that your friends are on their way. Stay here, Kil." Illumi's eyes met yours as he stepped around you and walked into the dining room.

Killua walked forward and stared up at you. 

"Are you okay? He didn't hurt you did he? Is Gon alright? How long before they arrive?"

"Killua, I'm fine," you laughed, "We're all fine, we just need you to come with us."

Killua smiled at you before Gotoh walked into the foyer.

"Young Master Killua, please come with me to the Butler's House to wait for your friends."

You watched as Killua left with Gotoh.

"Illu?"

Illumi emerged from the shadows and stared down at you disapprovingly.

"Are you really going to take Kil away from home?"

"Illumi, you've seen how your family treats him. You've seen the look on his face when he's with Gon. Just let him leave."

"I can't, Y/N. He is my brother. If my family wants him here, that's where he'll be."

You ran your fingers along his arm and smiled up at him.

"You could come with us..."

"I have a career to handle, Y/N."