Chapter 11: Fighting Chance

GUYS YOU'RE NEVER GONNA BELIEVE IT! I came up with an exact definition of Y/N's Nen ability. It won't be fully explained for a couple of chapters at least, but we'll see if any of you can guess ;)

"Miss me," he smirked, "Y/N-dear?" 

You giggled as you watched him walk closer, "I don't think I did."

"Hmm..." he placed his left arm on the wall, backing you against it, "Is that so?"

Your aura welcomed his approach, swallowing his body within your bloodlust. 

"I heard that you met up with Illumi?" he hummed.

"I did," your voice faltered, "I met with him while Gon was at the Zoldyck Estate."

"Gon? Is he here?" his eyes shined as he leaned closer. It was clear he no longer cared about your affairs regarding Illumi.

"You didn't know?"

"Well... I had concluded that Gon would be coming to the Heavens Arena, but I was unaware that he had already arrived~" he licked his lips.

"Gon and Killua are on the 50th floor after their first match," you explained to him.

"Oh... well then, it appears it may take them a while to reach the 200th floor~"

You waltzed across the room and placed your fingers onto the sides of Hisoka's card, pulling it gently from the beige wallpaper. Coating it in aura and tossing it back to its owner, you untied Illumi's shirt and let it fall over the waistband of your sweats. 

"Illumi's clothing?" he paused, looking at your frame, "May I ask why?"

"I have to admit that I was not fond of the dress Kikyo had me wear for their family dinner."

"Kikyo? I hate that woman. Absolutely dreadful~"

You slipped your shoes off, placing them by the door for safekeeping, and sat with your legs crossed against the side of the bed.

"You're starting to talk like him, Y/N." 

You looked up to meet his glaring eyes, "Hm?"

"Illumi," he chuckled, "'Mr. Illumi Zoldyck, the Grand Assassin', your new friend~"

"Hisoka, darling, you have to admit that I spoke similarly to him before I had been introduced to him. I speak quite similarly to you as well," you smiled gently. 

His bloodlust swallowed the room. His eyes darted from your face to the gentle layer of aura surrounding you. He fiddled with his cards, tossing sections of the deck from hand to hand, smothering the borders with his aura as he leaned against the wall.

"I would say that you have to meet my expectations before you can arrange your first match on the 200th floor, but I'm afraid I've already spent enough time with you to know your strengths..."

"You know less than you think you do, Hisoka." You spoke cautiously, leaning your head back against the fluffy comforter draped over the side of the bed.

"Is that so?" He walked towards your room's bathroom and turned over his shoulder to glance at you. Glancing from the shower to your position, he tilted his head, "Would you like to join me?"

You giggled and met his gaze, "I'm afraid that's a little too informal for our agreed upon alliance."

He smiled antagonistically in response, "It's not an alliance when there's no longer a rivalry, my dear~"

You watched Hisoka shut your bathroom door and approach you slowly. You gasped in alarm as his fingers wrapped their way into the base of your hair and pulled you upwards to meet his shining golden eyes.