Chapter 4: Diagon Alley

I looked all over as Marge guided me from store front to store front. Marge in the muggle world believes in coupling. She believes that if it can be bought cheaper with extra for your buck why not do it? Marge showed me the second hand shops first. Now Marge is a high end middle-class working woman with a large inheritance from her father but believes that the best way to keep money is to live cheaply and invest wisely.
"Now Harry the one thing you need to understand about this wizarding community is they don't have a lot of commonsense or street smart. You do best to keep your commonsense and street smarts sharp because a stupid wizard will get you killed. Now all of these second hand shops are where the well to do families drop off their old stuff so books that have been in use for 50 years would sell for 3x as much as the same ones sold in 2nd hand stores with notes in them. If I got these books I would have pre-existing  from previous years and teachers plus resell them back to the store and get the following year for even cheaper but I decided to invest and get all 7 years worth of books in one shot from the 2nd hand store for a deal and keep them to use for future uses. We noticed a group of redheads running past us and one knocked me to the ground.
"Hey watch you're going, freak." He shouted at me while I was laid out on the ground
Marge had him by the ear so fast that I thought she snatched his ear off. She dragged him to his mother. I realized these are the Weasleys and the one to knock me over and scream at me was Ron. When she got to Molly Weasley I could see a scene about to be made.
"Apparently now and days a young child in a large family is not taught manners. Your child nearly trampled my poor niece who is almost literally half his size and instead of apologizing he calls her a freak. What are you teaching your children?" Marge demanded
All Molly Weasley could do was blush horribly seeing the condition I was in.
I had scrapes on my legs and bruises on my already pale skin to make things even worse. I was already terrified when Ron screamed in my face. I buried my face in Marge's robes for added affect. Ron was getting yelled at by Molly and was forced to apologize. I merely nodded and squeezed as close as I could to Marge. Marge led me to Knockturn Alley before pulling both our hoods up.
" Now stay close to me Harry. We're going down here to get you a wand made and a trunk. Now this is the one time where the sky is the limit with this trunk. You are wealthy enough where money is not an obstacle. You will only get two trunks. One before you start school and one when you graduate. You will design the one for your graduation and we will come back here to have it created. Now read through this pamphlet while we go get your wand created." Marge said handing me a pamphlet
Anything can go into this trunk even a  house. I was choosing a 5 compartment trunk when we stop before the wand maker. The wand maker was the kid brother of Olivander on Diagon Alley. This Olivander was named Isasiah and he travels the world and crafts wands. He also helps Olivander create some of the wands in his shop. Marge brought me forward and Isasiah told me to reach with my magic and bring the ingredients calling to me to him. I closed my eyes and traced my magic through the room. I found six items and told my magic to bring them to me. When I opened my eyes the items were floating in front of me.
"Dear Merlin..." Isasiah said
Marge looked impressed by how I was keeping everything floating. Isasiah gathered the ingredients and began to explain them.
"For the cores you chose ice phoenix feather, perfect for a wide range of spells, and dragon heartstring, best for powerful and flamboyant spellwork. Both incredibly strong in their own right. This metal is called mithril, normally found with the goblins and cost much to buy from them but if freely given the mithril can quadruple the magic output of the wand. The woods you selected are ebony, which is best suited for those who are steadfast in their beliefs, and fir, which is best suited for survivors. The best examples for each wood are strong magical people who get through many external pressures alive and morally sound.  The gemstone is Carnelian, it is a protector and wards off negativity, hexes and curses; you could also use its energy to protect the integrity and potency of your spells." Isasiah finished and looked a little drunk
Marge stared in awe at the sheer power this wand would have if it chooses to align itself with Hadrianna.
"This wand will take a week to make. I want you to be here on Day 7 for if this wand chooses to accept you I will need your blood to connect the two of you." Isasiah said
"How much will this wand cost?" Marge asked
"45 galleons. I'll throw in a cleaning kit, wrist wand holster, and wand making training book for free." Isasiah said with a smirk
"I always forget I went to school with you so you know me to well." Marge smirked back before they both chuckled and we left
Next we went to the trunk shop. I got a five compartment trunk. The entire trunk  laid out like a four bedroom apartment.
1st compartment: The library. It had a cataloging feature so the subject matter can be typed in and the books you are looking for appear on top when opened but when entering the trunk is an enormous library.

2nd compartment: The bedrooms and living area. All with a bathroom and walk in closet and sitting area plus muggle comforts. 

3rd compartment: A study. A place to study and work with a working floo connection.
4th compartment: A duelling area. A place to practice my magic and other thing such as sword fighting without getting caught.
5th compartment: A nature room. A place to practice and grow whatever I wish and a sanctuary for myself.
When inside the trunk each compartment is separated by a door like a normal apartment. The  owner had to be reassured we could pay for such a large order so we offered him an extra hundred galleons to have it done superbly in a week. He threw in a bottomless satchel for free. The trunk and satchel would be done with ironhide dragon skin on the outside but acromatula silk on the inside. The whole purchase came to 500 galleons. We hit the second hand book shop next to Borgins. The books were guaranteed not to be cursed. These were century old books back from the founders time and before.  There was a going out of business sale so you could get 20 books for 5 galleons. I pulled Marge aside and asked to buy every book and give it to the trunk store to put them in the new trunk I ordered. There were books in Paseltongue that were really old with spells and different teachings in them. Marge and the lady haggled and I managed to get all the books and items in the store for 2500 galleons. None of the books or items in the store were less than a century old. Some of books were written about times before the written word even existed. I was so excited. I think I heard Marge mutter something about Ravenclaws. I chose the books on Occlumency and everything you need to know to act like a pureblood. The one about purebloods was the only one to be less than 300 years old. It was made a half blood in the 1800s which is what Diagon Alley looks like it's stuck in. The table of contents was self updating so descendants of the half blood continued the work so all the current laws and treaties was in this book along with etiquette training, traditions, and how an heir to a Noble house should act. I felt a pull towards a dark pet shop so we went in and found my familiar a fire fox that was small when docile but could grow to ginormous size when protecting, defensive, and attacking.

 The owner of the pet store just hated my familiar, which I named Benzai

The owner of the pet store just hated my familiar, which I named Benzai. The owner gave her to me plus supplies and a book on Japanese magical creatures. We went to Florish and Botts to collect the DADA book. We went to the 2nd hand book sfore in Diagon Alley to get the 7 years of Hogwarts books and they had all kinds of notes inside. I also picked up books on how to become a Potion master. Apparently there was a series with this theme. How to bw a transfiguration master, charms, runes, arithmancy, and DADA. I got them all. We finished the day off with buying me my robes and a full wardrobe from Madam Malkins with all the charms that can be placed on the clothes. Marge and I finally went home and ate dinner with Dudley before I went to sleep cramming for all the first year books.