chapter 1: numb

Yeah so just as a warning there will most likely be occasional cussing and bad words in this story so yeah if you are easily offended by that then please refrain from reading, thank youuuuu :))

this chapter is about Valentina, read to find out more about next chapter *dun dun duuuuuuuuun*

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Well I just don't understand what you want from me anymore." Valentina explained to her boyfriend over the phone with an emotionless tone.

She was numb. Lucho had been trying for weeks to get her to go out and have fun with him but she didn't feel like doing anything. Since her dad's passing, she was unable to fight off a constant wave of depression. Everyday it seemed to get worse: closing in on her and seeping deeper into her body making her feel dark and heavy.

Lucho let out a heavy sigh over the line. "Valentina, you can't keep acting this way. It was TWO months ago! You need to get over it and move on." anger evidently growing in his voice.

She slightly flinched at his words. A few weeks ago he may have gotten a bigger rise out of her by saying such a thing, making her yell and tell him off. But she no longer had the energy. She was exhausted and slightly annoyed by Lucho. All she wanted was to hang up the phone and down some alcohol to help dull the constant pain in her heart until she fell asleep.

"Come on baby, I promise you'll have a good time tonight. You need to get out of your house and do something."

Lucho was desperate. His girlfriend had barely even touched him in the last two months and it was driving him insane. He didn't understand why Valentina didn't want to spend time with him or her friends anymore.

Before her father passed, Valentina was a completely different person. She loved going out with Lucho and all their friends, often being the life of the party and a social butterfly. Lucho and her occasionally had their issues, but were overall content and happy in their relationship. Now, he had to beg her to let him come over and see her, where half the time she didn't even acknowledge his presence.

Valentina felt kind of bad for him. She knew that he was just trying to help, but Lucho just didn't understand what she needed. His idea of helping her alleviate her heartache was by trying to get her to have sex or go out and drink. She gave up trying to explain to him that all she wanted was for someone to hold her and listen to her, because every time he came over to do that, he always tried to pressure her into having sex.

"I'm sorry Lucho but not this weekend. I'm really tired so I think I'm just going to sleep. Goodnight." she said, quickly hanging up the phone before he could argue.

Her room was quiet and dark, with only a bedside lamp slightly illuminating the room. It was about 9 at night. She stared vacantly at the wall in front of her, her mind wandering for the thousandth time that day to her father's death. Depression and heartache dug a little deeper into her body. She felt surrounded by a haze of sadness and felt like she might cry, but was too exhausted and broken to let it out.

She leaned against her bed frame and reached for the half empty bottle of tequila sitting on her nightstand, taking large swigs until that familiar sense of blurriness swept over her body and dulled her pain.

After a few moments there was a light knock on her door and a woman's voice was heard from behind. "Vale, can I come in?"

It was her step mom, Lucia. Lucia and the young Carvajal girl had become very close after her father's death. His passing made both of them very vulnerable and able to open up to one another, helping each other as much as they could through the worst moments of their grieving. However, even though Lucia still felt a gaping hole in her life, she knew that she had to be there for her family and their company and decided to move on from most of her grief. Whereas Valentina couldn't seem to let go and grew worse by the day.