chapter 8: tied

"Uhm..we should probably get him out of here before he wakes up" Juliana said.

"Yeah you're probably right. And we need to get you cleaned up. Are you sure you're okay?" Valentina replied worriedly, her eyebrows furrowed together.

Juliana shrugged with a slight nod. "Yeah I'm okay. Just a few bruises but nothing I haven't experienced before" she said before letting out a small laugh and rolling her eyes.

Valentina remained quiet next to her, wondering what she had meant but deciding not to ask. She looked to the girl with both curiosity and sympathy, realizing there was a lot more to Juliana than she thought.

After a few moments, Juliana was the first to break the silence. "I think after we get Lucho out of here I'm going to go home...I don't want to cause an even bigger scene than I already have".

"No, please don't go!" Valentina instantly put a hand on the girl's shoulder—her voice coming out a little more desperate than she would have liked and taking Juliana by surprise. Her body and mind ached at the thought of the shorter girl's absence.

She also couldn't deny that a part of her was terrified to be alone with Lucho when he woke up.

"I'm sorry that all of this happened but it's not your fault. Plus I'd really like to take care of you and look after you...make sure you're alright".

Juliana looked back at her skeptically. "No really it's okay I don't want to be an even bigger burd-"

Valentina raised her hand to silence her. "Juls, you're not a burden. I'm the reason why you got hurt so I'm going to help make sure you're okay, okay?" She raised an eyebrow at Juliana who slowly nodded in return, both timid and confused from Valentina's threatening tone—knowing she couldn't object even though she wanted to.

Why was Valentina so set on helping her? She didn't owe Juliana anything. Nobody besides her mother had gone out of their way to show they genuinely cared for her (and even when someone had they often ended up having bad intentions) so naturally Juliana was skeptical. What was Valentina's game? Of course Juliana had to admit that there was something very alluring about the model, and whenever she was around Valentina both her body and mind betrayed her by spiraling out of control. But she'd get over it—right?

Besides, Juliana couldn't let her emotions get the best of her; it only made her weak, unfocused, and vulnerable. The last heartbreak she endured taught her that. She came to this city to make a name for herself—to prioritize work and make for a better future for both her mom and her, not get distracted by some girl.

Before she could delve any further into her thoughts, Valentina's voice drew her out. "Good. Now, I'm going to pick Lucho up and carry him to my room, then I'm going to help you get cleaned up, okay?" Valentina's tone softened as she looked over the shorter girls face once more.

Her bleeding had finally stopped, but the bruises and swelling had become more apparent within the last few minutes. Anger, guilt and sympathy racked through Valentina's body at the sight. None of this wouldn't have happened if it weren't for her.

Without even thinking, her hand instinctively reached up to the young designer's face, delicately grazing over her cheek and along her chin. Juliana's brown eyes stared back at her for a brief moment in surprise before they closed, her lungs taking in a small, painful breath as she basked in the taller girl's caress. She found an odd amount of comfort in Valentina's gesture, feeling both relaxed and excited having the girl so close.