EPILOGUE

[SIX MONTHS LATER LATER]

I stood in front of a gravestone that had his name printed on it. Every month or so, I would come by and pay my respect. I gripped tightly on the bouquet of red roses in my hand and bent down to place it on top of the dirt with the other flowers that I brought for him from the other times I stopped by.

As I took a step back, I let out a shaky breath and picking at my fingers before saying a few words to him.

"Wooyoung, it was hard for me to believe that you were actually gone in these past few months. It gets harder and harder every second because I don't have anybody to talk to. The image of you laying on the street with your bloody face would sometimes flash through my mind. I can't lie but at one point, I was actually mad at you. I was mad because it should've been me that should be bleeding to death on the street. But you were there and — " I choked on my words. I got a hold of myself and continued, " — and saved me. Like the angel that you are. I hope you're doing well on the other side with your mum. Tell her to take care of you for me. Until we meet again, I love you."

After I was done, I wiped the tears away before I strolled back to my car, I got in and drove away to my apartment room and entered inside. I closed the door behind me and looked up. Ahead of me was the painting that Wooyoung made for me on my birthday. It was hanging alongside with his portrait on one side and the portrait that I did on the other. The note that he wrote for me was still taped in the corner of the canvas.

The roses that Wooyoung bought for me for our first date together, I set in the middle of the coffee table in a clear vase. Although it was wilted it still held memories for me and I couldn't throw it away. And there, sitting in the middle of the couch, was the stuffed bear that Wooyoung won for me at the fair. Everything that Wooyoung got for me, I still kept.

I went in the kitchen and took out my phone. There were news articles about Nari and how she's being sentenced to ten years in prison for voluntary manslaughter. Mugshots of her was in each of the articles and I saw how blank she looked as I zoomed in on her picture.

All I could think about is: how did everything go wrong?

Looking at Nari's mugshots, what I wish to see was someone that I get to call my best friend, my sister, but now I only see a stranger on my screen. The one question that would run through my head is: did I really know who she was?

Because of her, nobody gets to live a happily-ever-after.

IT'S NOT THE END YET!

Someone had requested an alternative chapter of what would happen if Wooyoung did survive.

Since the ending was pretty much depressing in itself, I agreed on doing a happy ending as well for you people who likes happily-ever-after endings...haha.

Prepare yourself, it's going to be a long chapter.